none
RDS 2012 R2, clients sometimes missing green tick / green check mark on default printers. RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi, 2012 R2 RDS and a printserver. Users dont have any local printers, they use wyse. There default printers in the RDS session is set to different printers on the printserver. In maybe 25% of the time the green tick dont show up on the default printer, the green tick isnt showing up at any printer on that user so it dosent look like there is any default printer for that user. If they look at the properties on the printer it show as default, but the green tick is missing. Some programs dont function 100% since they need a default printer, bur it looks like some programs cant see what printer to use as default printer if the green tick is missing. Where to start looking?
    2019年8月20日 12:26

全部回复

• Hi,

Once problem happens, please open below registry entry:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

In the right column, find sub-entry named Device, check its value and confirm that if default printer’s name is included.

Besides, I want to confirm with you if you configured the default printer via GP:
    User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel > Printers -> add the printer and select "Set this printer as the default printer”

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年8月21日 6:37
    版主
  • I will check. But what is the difference when i right click printer and see the check mark outside Set as default printer and the green check mark on the printer itself? Is there different places in the registry?

I have also notified that it looks like when this shows up in registry on the user there is a problem. Since they dont have any printers on there local machine this SessionDefaultDevices shouldnt be there, but sometime it shows up empty.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\SessionDefaultDevices\S-1-5-5-0-5951747

I know the program that have the problem read that setting before it read the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows [Device default printer]

2019年8月21日 7:41
  • Hi,

> But what is the difference when i right click printer and see the check mark outside Set as default printer and the green check mark on the printer itself?
    In general, both green check make and right click menu should show if this printer is available and it is configured as default.  

I have not find the registry difference of these two status you had mentioned until now. As we are unable to exactly reproduce the problem you had mentioned on the test environment. 

Please confirm that if configuration about “Removal of printers at logoff” is enabled. Please check registry and disable this function (re-start system to make the change take effect) and check the result:
    Set the value for "RemovePrintersAtLogoff" to 0 ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年8月26日 8:08
    版主
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

2019年8月27日 9:19
    版主
  • I'm using Process Monitor to see if i can see a pattern or something. I cant do anything in registry since they run there servers on a ASP provider. We support the ERP system and I then need to find out why this happen so i can tell the ASP provider what to do. The problem seems to be in the morning and then after lunch. They run wkix as login script so i think the printers isnt in place before they start the ERP program, but i need to log that in some way. I cant just tell them to do this in registry RemovePrintersAtLogoff" to 0 ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider

27.08.19 07:19:24.306 4098 L-1 There is no default printer, or it has not been set up correctly. The report can not be started    baseapp.cpp(2904)

27.08.19 12:26:07.827 4098 L-1 There is no default printer, or it has not been set up correctly. The report can not be started    coprint.cpp(523)

2019年8月28日 5:46
  • okey, a litle update. When the green tick is missing on default printer the printer dont show up in

Get-WmiObject -Query " SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer WHERE Default=$true"

or this

wmic printer get name,default

But if i select another as default printer and the green tick shows then i can run this commands and get default printer. If i then select the first printer then the green tick dissapre and it dont show up. If i logoff and then logon agian and the printer has the green tick its shows up in this commands. But still, if the printer dont have the green tick i can print to it from word etc.

If i then select another as default the green tick shows up and i can run the commands

But if i then select the first one the green tick dissapere and then i cant run the commands to see the default printer.

If i then logoff and logon so the green tick is showing on the default printer, then its shows up.

2019年9月17日 6:02