none
Hidden Network middle of nowhere RRS feed

• 问题

• Hidden network suddenly showing after windows update on laptop. Unplugged router, still there. Do not own firestick or mobile hotspot (off on phone), no smart tvs. Android phone doesn't see network eventhough set to pick up hidden networks. I have one far away neighbor in 100 acres and their named wifi signal appears weakly while the Hidden network appear full strength. Any suggestion as to where this is coming from?
    2019年8月15日 19:56

全部回复

• Hello,

If you've virtualization software installed (such as VirtualBox), the hidden or Unidentified network may appear because of it.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

2019年8月16日 5:17
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Please refer to the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38dba6b8-d5d0-4db9-bae0-7b4a95907aca/what-is-the-quothidden-networkquot-wifi-network?forum=win10itpronetworking

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年8月16日 5:47
  • Yes I read that. I would like to know where this strong signal is actually coming from though, given that there are no sources around. I have a Ubee router, which again, when turned off does not resolve the Hidden Network. Citrix platform is installed. Is the signal coming from the laptop itself?
    2019年8月16日 13:27
  • But what is generating the signal? The laptop itself? The router is a Ubee and turned off. No smart TVs, no wifi enabled devices, everything is hardwired. Even turned off our cell phone and unplugged TVs. Nearest neighbors signal is one bar maybe. The laptop does use Citrix but I've never seen this network until my recent Windows update
    2019年8月16日 13:31
  • Hello LalaOH,

One thing that you could try is to first issue the command "netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid". If the hidden network is present in the command output then search the web for the BSSID (e.g. f8:a0:97:8d:5e:9a) - just pasting the BSSID into a Google search may provide useful results. The first three bytes of the BSSID (e.g. f8:a0:97) are often assigned to a device manufacturer ("ARRIS Group, Inc." for f8:a0:97) - that may help you to identify the source of the network...

Gary

2019年8月16日 14:39
  • Thanks Gary. Only my network shows unfortunately. I loaded up the laptop in my car and drove around. The signal is definitely coming from my house. 
    2019年8月16日 17:53
  • Hi,

1. Is there a possibility that someone has set up a router  that does not broadcast its SSID near your home?

2. You can try to uninstall and re-install your wireless network adapter driver.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年8月19日 7:42
  • Hi,

Was your question resolved? Just want to confirm the current situations.

Best regards,

Hollis

2019年8月23日 7:30