none
SCCM Agent incorrectly in Workgroup RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi,

I have a couple of servers that in SCCM console - Devices - "Domain" field shows the Workgroup for machines that already are in 1 of our the Domains.

How can I force the update of this fields for all clients?

2020年7月10日 10:38

全部回复

• Generally these details are from the Heartbeat discovery. Force Heartbeat discovery on the computer to update it. 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

2020年7月10日 12:13
    版主
  • The automatic discovery runs each week, I don-t have the option available "Run Full Discovery Now" we also don-t have automatic client deployment enabled in our environment.

Any other rsuggestions?

2020年7月10日 13:17
  • The automatic discovery runs each week, I don-t have the option available "Run Full Discovery Now" we also don-t have automatic client deployment enabled in our environment.

Any other rsuggestions?

Heartbeat discovery is triggered on the computer itself. As such you need to trigger it on the computer in question. 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

2020年7月10日 13:48
    版主
  • To use it, open an administrative PowerShell prompt on the client machine and paste that in.  It won't return anything but a few moments later you should see the WSUS last contact and last detect time update and more importantly, if all the updates were installed successfully, the computer will instantly change to green in the WSUS console.  I've tested it on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 clients successfully.

If you want to run centrally from your WSUS server, I found that you can't use PowerShell remoting because of some kind of permissions thing.  There may be a way around that but for now I found that psexec works fine.  So below is a function you can add to your profile.ps1 file on your WSUS server to allow you to automatically update any client machines on demand:

This has been a life changer in terms of improving my frustration level with managing WSUS.  I hope you find it useful.

Function Force-WSUSCheckin($Computer)
    {
       Invoke-Command -computername $Computer -scriptblock { Start-Service wuauserv -Verbose }
       # Have to use psexec with the -s parameter as otherwise we receive an "Access denied" message loading the comobject
       $Cmd = '$updateSession = new-object -com "Microsoft.Update.Session";$updates=$updateSession.CreateupdateSearcher().Search($criteria).Updates'
       & c:\bin\psexec.exe -s \\$Computer powershell.exe -command $Cmd
       Write-host "Waiting 10 seconds for SyncUpdates webservice to complete to add to the wuauserv queue so that it can be reported on"
       Start-sleep -seconds 10
       Invoke-Command -computername $Computer -scriptblock
       {
          # Now that the system is told it CAN report in, run every permutation of commands to actually trigger the report in operation
          wuauclt /detectnow
          (New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.AutoUpdate).DetectNow()
          wuauclt /reportnow
          c:\windows\system32\UsoClient.exe startscan
       }
    }
    2020年7月10日 13:51
  • ??? Is this relevant to this post or mistakenly pasted here?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

2020年7月10日 13:59
  • Hi,

Heartbeat Discovery runs on a schedule configured for all clients in the hierarchy. The default schedule for Heartbeat Discovery is set to every seven days. If you change the heartbeat discovery interval, ensure that it runs more frequently than the site maintenance task Delete Aged Discovery Data. This task deletes inactive client records from the site database. You can configure the Delete Aged Discovery Data task only for primary sites.

You can also manually invoke Heartbeat Discovery on a specific client. Run the Discovery Data Collection Cycle on the Action tab of a client's Configuration Manager control panel.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2020年7月13日 7:30
  • Hi,

Heartbeat Discovery runs on a schedule configured for all clients in the hierarchy. The default schedule for Heartbeat Discovery is set to every seven days. If you change the heartbeat discovery interval, ensure that it runs more frequently than the site maintenance task Delete Aged Discovery Data. This task deletes inactive client records from the site database. You can configure the Delete Aged Discovery Data task only for primary sites.

You can also manually invoke Heartbeat Discovery on a specific client. Run the Discovery Data Collection Cycle on the Action tab of a client's Configuration Manager control panel.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Great, thank you.
    2020年7月17日 8:56