none
Hard drive recovery RRS feed

• 问题

• My computer crashed and I am at a lost with trying to retrieve my photo's and documents from the hard drive.  I am in desperate need of assistance with this project.  I do not have hundreds of dollars to put the computer system in the shop.  I have an emachine with window's vista.  I don't care about anything else on the hard drive but these photos and documents are very important and I can figure out how to recover them.  Please help Me!!!!

FYI: through searches I have come across a program called Tenoshare Data recovery, and thought about purchasing this, but it seems pretty complicated and I don't want to do more damage.  What are your thoughts?

2011年5月11日 23:56

答案

• Hi,

If your operating system is after failing but your hard drive is intact you can easily get the files from your hard drive and copy them to an external drive. You can do this using a bootable USB or CD Rom media. An alternative method would be to repair your computer and then back it up to prevent the same problem occuring again. To repair your computer begin by searching any error codes you observe on the internet and try to apply any repair instructions you find.

If your hard drive is physically broken then it's time to seek the services of a professional I'm afraid.

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart IT Support
    2011年5月12日 20:52
  • Hi,

You can plug the hard drive on another computer as a slave and backup the data as the most safest way.

Or if it is due to corrupt system files that made the computer crash, In-place upgrade is suggested.

In-Place Upgrade

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs usually will not be removed but we may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming. Your patience is highly appreciated.

As to the steps of In-Place Upgrade, I still would like to explain that it will reinstall all system files with this method. You may need to reinstall some applications to upgrade some files to a higher version, because they may be replaced during the installation of Windows. It will take about two hours to repair. Your personal files and settings will be kept as they were after the installation. However, it is always recommended to backup the important information and files to other partitions or other disks before doing it.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.
    If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    a. Click Start, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    b. Click Install now.
    4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2011年5月17日 8:06
    版主

全部回复

• Hi,

If your operating system is after failing but your hard drive is intact you can easily get the files from your hard drive and copy them to an external drive. You can do this using a bootable USB or CD Rom media. An alternative method would be to repair your computer and then back it up to prevent the same problem occuring again. To repair your computer begin by searching any error codes you observe on the internet and try to apply any repair instructions you find.

If your hard drive is physically broken then it's time to seek the services of a professional I'm afraid.

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart IT Support
    2011年5月12日 20:52
  • Hi,

You can plug the hard drive on another computer as a slave and backup the data as the most safest way.

Or if it is due to corrupt system files that made the computer crash, In-place upgrade is suggested.

In-Place Upgrade

Note: After performing In-Place Upgrade, your personal data and installed programs usually will not be removed but we may need to run Windows Update to install all the available updates for your system to update these system files to the current version. This troubleshooting process is time consuming. Your patience is highly appreciated.

As to the steps of In-Place Upgrade, I still would like to explain that it will reinstall all system files with this method. You may need to reinstall some applications to upgrade some files to a higher version, because they may be replaced during the installation of Windows. It will take about two hours to repair. Your personal files and settings will be kept as they were after the installation. However, it is always recommended to backup the important information and files to other partitions or other disks before doing it.

If you would like to perform the In-place Upgrade, let’s refer to the following steps.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.
    If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    a. Click Start, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    b. Click Install now.
    4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2011年5月17日 8:06
    版主
  • If your crucial data is lost and you desperately want them back then you can follow the below steps to perform hard drive recovery. You can try some manual methods to recover your crucial data.

1. Force the drive to show up in disk management tool

• Firstly, go to the control panel >> Administration >> Computer Administration
    • Then go to Storage >> Click on Disk management
    • Now, find your external hard drive and Right click it by selecting Change Drive Letter and Path.
    • After this, assign a new Letter to the drive and mark the partition as active. Click on OK button. 
    • Now restart the computer and your external drive will show up and work again
    2019年5月14日 11:36