none
Windows 10 1809 "Search Preview" removal via group policy RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi,

I'm currently trying to update my OSD image to 1809 from 1607, however, I've come across the new search preview. The new section of search that automatically gives you "Run as Administrator" etc. I work in an education environment and, even though they can't do it, I don't want students getting any ideas about trying to run programs as admins etc. I don't want them to be able to open file location either as we use redirected shortcuts and they could see the whole DFS structure.

Is there any way of removing this via group policy? If not, are there any other methods?

Thanks

2018年12月5日 13:09

答案

全部回复

• According to http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2854-search-icon-box-show-remove-windows-10-taskbar.html, you can do it with:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

SearchboxTaskbarMode DWORD

0 = Hidden
    1 = Show search or Cortana icon
    2 = Show search box

Regards.
    Felipe Santos

2018年12月5日 13:19
  • Hi Felipe,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, that doesn't do quite what I want. It removes the search box completely, however, if clicking on start you can still search for an item and the preview on the right of the box is still showing.

Thanks

2018年12月5日 16:04
  • I have seen that SerachUI.exe is responsible for this search process, maybe there is some way to force it to not run automatically.
    By GPO I believe it is not possible in Windows 10, because the options for this are restricted to Windows 7 and Vista only.
    You can check in your Group Policy Management Editor by going to User Configuration> Policies> Administrative Templates> Start Menu and Taskbar.
    Look for the options "Remove See more results / search everywhere link" and "Remove Search Link from Start Menu"

You can try too what they said in this procedure below, but it's not official ...

https://www.tenforums.com/microsoft-office-365/14300-how-permanently-disable-cortana-4.html#post1240849

Regards.
    Felipe Santos

2018年12月5日 17:26
  • Hi,

According yo your requirement, I found this article for your reference.

How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/26739-add-remove-run-administrator-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

Hope the information there can be helpful.

Best regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年12月6日 7:21
    版主
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年12月12日 8:13
    版主
  • Thanks for all the input. After a lot of testing with all solutions, I have got my image as close as possible to what I want. I don't think I'll be able to do exactly what I want so I will have to nuke the entire search to prevent it from appearing.
    2018年12月12日 8:39
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that you issue was resolved.

Please mark the information we provided as answers if they were helpful.

Please also mark your own solution as answer to help other community members with similar issue find it quickly.

Feel free to post in the forum if any assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Lavilian

2018年12月13日 9:56
    版主
  • I want Remove, Disable this "Screen Preview" in Start Menu Search.

I use Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763:737

I very crazy, sad, cry with Preview Screen this.

I Search in Google, Bing. But cannot find Answer for it.

Anyone Know, Please Help me. Help for life, for me and you, for family, for society and world.

Please Help me !!!!

Sorry i cannot upload URL or Image because "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account"

2019年10月21日 7:55