none
Reducing list view to show less than 5000 items RRS feed

• 問題

• Hello

I have a library that has 9000 items in it and no matter how much i try and change the view i cannot get it to go below teh 500 limit.  

Are there any instructions as to how this could be done easily?

2019年10月8日 上午 03:56

所有回覆

• Try using filter option for a list view. below article for reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-large-lists-and-libraries-in-sharepoint-b8588dae-9387-48c2-9248-c24122f07c59

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

2019年10月8日 上午 04:45
  • Hi,

Besides what Sharath suggests, you can use a combination of metadata columns and filtered, grouped or sorted views to reduce amount of data presented based on your query.

You can also use folder structure to manage large libraries or lists, which is also counted to the 5000 items limit.

In addition, it is recommended to keep the number of items in a single list or library under limit threshold due to performance consideration.

Please refer to the link below for detailed information.

How to overcome SharePoint 5000 item limit threshold.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019年10月8日 上午 07:12
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019年10月10日 上午 06:26
  • Hi Chelsea

I havent had much luck i am afraid.  are there any other good resources on the Internet that can help?

2019年10月13日 下午 07:38
  • Hi,

Here are some more references for you.

How to resolve the 5000 item limit on a list or document library.

Overcoming ~5000 File Document Library Limits.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

2019年10月14日 上午 07:16