none
windows 10 ftp uploads very slow RRS feed

• 問題

• I upload to my ftp (and client) ftp sites regularly.  I recently installed windows 10 and my upload speeds are now almost exactly 10 percent of the speed that they are under windows 7.  I can boot windows 7 and the same computer will upload at full speed.  Boot windows 10 and upload is slow again.  The speed starts at a full speed burst, then drops.  The same issue happens with my brand new windows 10 pc.  I have tested using my ftp (bluehost), my clients and a couple free ftp testing sites.  All show the symptom of slow upload.  Oddly, uploading to google drive is fine.  Using drop box is slow.  Downloads are unaffected.

I am connected to router via ethernet to internet.  I use filezilla ftp and have regular ftp and sftp connections set up that will connect at full speed for about 1 second, then drop to 1/10 speed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

• 已編輯 zacktown2 2019年7月9日 下午 08:59 typo
    2019年7月9日 下午 08:58

所有回覆

• I shall suggest you to update your Network card driver. Visit the support site to download and install the latest driver.

As you are using a third party thing so better to ask in that forum:

https://forum.filezilla-project.org/

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

2019年7月10日 上午 12:04
  • Thank you for the reply.  I wish it was as simple as 3rd party software.  I will post try to post back here once I figure it out. 
    2019年7月12日 下午 05:27
  • OK, waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年7月15日 上午 07:16
  • update:  Still working on this when I have free time.  For now, I am still on the slow upload train or reboot to win 7 os.  I've tried so many things from temp disable windows firewall (which is the default firewall from windows 10 install), disable malware, modify QOS settings, packet sizes, filezilla settings.  Tried tech "optimizer tools".  NIC driver update.  Others sites recommended running commands in an elevated prompt, which I did.  They didn't work, so I reverted.  With the exception of the driver update, if something doesn't work, I always go back to the prior settings to be sure that I am not compounding an issue. 

As far as filezilla and the 2 other ftp clients that i've tried, they really aren't that complex, but I did modify those settings, changed connection types, and even went as far as modifying the xml preference file (packet size again) to no avail.

I am convinced that this is a real problem, but most people either don't monitor/understand their upload speeds, or they are enterprise level and have advanced setups that go around this issue. 

2019年7月19日 上午 01:06
  • Hello,

It is recommended that you post to the IIS forum for more help.

https://forums.iis.net/

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年7月24日 上午 09:45