none
Windows To Go - problems with wim file and cloning RRS feed

• 問題

• Cheers,

I'm trying to create a Windows To Go drive with the Creator and I'm running into a few problems:

1. I tried to create a unique Image of Windows with Hyper V. The Image was captured with dism, Status is "OK" and the Edition is also rrecognized. When using the Windows To Go Creator I can't use the wim file, other wim files work though. In General this happens with captured Images. Is this is a common problem?

2. Is there any way to copy the Windows To Go drive? Problem is, that Windows doesn't assign a drive letter to the drive.

Thanks!

2018年3月6日 上午 09:33

所有回覆

•  

Hi,

What’s your PC version of Windows?

Windows To Go is a feature in Windows 8.1 Enterprise. You could use build-in application Windows To Go to create it.

You mentioned “I'm trying to create a Windows To Go drive with the Creator”, is that third party application?

Form following article, it mentioned ” Do not insert the Windows To Go drive into a running computer.” So please recreate Windows To Go drive in other USB. Here is link for your reference.

Best practice recommendations for Windows To Go:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/best-practice-recommendations-for-windows-to-go

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已編輯 Vera Hu 2018年3月7日 上午 06:47
    • 已提議為解答 Vera Hu 2018年3月8日 上午 09:31
    2018年3月7日 上午 06:47
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年3月9日 上午 09:46