none
black square display corruption at mouse cursor over text -- Windows 10 RRS feed

• 問題

• Getting a black square under the mouse cursor when over text in Windows 10 using Remote Desktop Connection.  The remote computer is running Windows 10 version 1903.  The computer running Remote Desktop Connection is running Windows 10 version 1809.  This has been happening for a couple months at least and makes it very hard to edit/select text.  It happens specifically in Visual Studio 2017 but in many other text fields as well.  Several of my colleagues also get this when running remote, so it's not a specific computer that's failing.  Thanks in advance for any help.

2019年11月19日 下午 06:14

所有回覆

• Hi,

There are a couple of things that can cause this. The size of the screen can be adjusted via the properties or settings of the Remote Desktop Connection Manager. the black squares can be caused by video driver issues. Another reason that might be causing these black boxes is the connection speed. 

Here are some methods to fix it:

Method 1: Adjust Screen Size via Remote Desktop Settings

Method 2: Set Connection Speed;

Method 3: Turn off Bitmap Caching;

Method 4: Update Video Drivers;

More specific details you could refer to the following link:

https://appuals.com/fix-rdp-remote-desktop-black-boxes-bars-and-screen-size-issue/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月20日 上午 02:52
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Kiki

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月21日 上午 01:26
  • I have bitmap caching turned off.  I updated the video driver on the remote computer (and the remote display adapter).  My local computer says its video drivers are all up to date.  It's not a screen size issue.  Still a problem.

2019年11月21日 下午 02:47
  • Hi,

Now Microsoft has released Windows  10 1909 version, try to download clean iso and in-place upgrade current system, this behavior can fix system issue.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kiki

2019年11月22日 上午 09:04
  • Hi,

If any reply is useful for you, please kindly mark it as answer.

Have a nice day!

Bests,

2019年12月2日 上午 02:08