none
BitLocker To Go Drive RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi all,

Wondering if somebody would be able to help me.

I Bitlockered a brand new USB drive a few weeks ago on a Windows 10 machine. Once I provisoned it, the user set a password on the Win10 machine for the drive. We tested the drive on the user's Windows 7 Pro machine and the drive unlocked successfully. However, a week later when he tried to use it again, he wasn't able to and gets the following error message (see below). However, if he plugs the USB stick into a Windows 10 PC, the drive will prompt him for a password and will unlock fine. The weird thing is that the Windows 7 PC doesn't like the drive now even though it had worked the previous week! 

I am new to bitlocking drives and after extensive Googling, I have found no solution. Could someone be able to shed some light on this?

Kind regards

TG02

2019年9月13日 下午 01:54

所有回覆

• 1st,most USB Flash drives come in a FAT32 file system,NTFS can/should be installed.Also,with any add-on storage,in run or cmd type: diskmgmt.msc in msc,one can delete partition/create/format/once thru,or to keep original settings,L.click on the drive,go up to Actions/All/Make Active/close out msc..As far as BitLocker goes,one can type in run or cmd: services.msc in msc,scroll to BitLocker/double click/set to: Auto start exit msc or edit other services..

Also,as Intel says,the 1st install after the OS should be the ChipSet driver/software,this enables USB-Video-Audio,etc to the OS...

2019年9月14日 上午 07:14
  • Hi Andrew,

I can't really work out what your trying to say? The USB drive is already configured with Bitlocker. As far as Chipset driver and software, the PC has the relevant drivers on and operates fine.

2019年9月14日 下午 08:19
  • Hi,

Try to check if it is available to unlock Bitlocker with the command line below as the administrator.

manage-bde –unlock <USB drive letter> -RecoveryPassword <recovery key>

In most same situation, the issue is caused by damaged drive, some encrypt drive file related with Windows 7 might be corrupted in your scenario. Even through could use Repair-bde command line tool to access encrypted data, however I think it is not necessary for you as you could access them on another Windows 10 PC. Please try to unlock Bitlocker and delete it on Windows 10, then encrypt it again to check if the issue persists. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年9月16日 上午 02:36
    版主
  • Hi,

Any update?

Bests, 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年9月18日 上午 07:50
    版主
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 

I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

2019年10月2日 上午 02:37
    版主