none
how to disable the Start Menu is getting expanded when dragged using mouse in windows 10. RRS feed

• 問題

• The Start Menu is getting expanded when dragged using mouse in windows 10.

My requirement is when i tried to drag the start menu it should not expand horizontally. So how should i disbale this feature.

Is anything registry setting i have to do?

Thanks,

Mike

2019年11月21日 下午 12:15

所有回覆

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

I feel sorry that I may not understand your question.

What do you means start menu expand horizontally? Could you give a picture?

Do you means when you drag the taskbar and it will move? Do you want to lock taskbar?

If you want to lock taskbar, you can right click on taskbar and click on lock the taskbar.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月21日 下午 03:26
  • Hi Mike,

I cannot reproduce the issue with my computers.
    As Eric described, I would like to know what is [the Start Menu expanded]. Is this what you mean?

I hope you will insert a screenshot in your post or provide it via cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dripbox, etc.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

2019年11月21日 下午 11:39
  • Hi Ashidacchi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes whatever you shown in the image, i dont want that start menu to expand. 

If you click start menu and if you drag it using mouse it will expand as like shown in the above image but i dont want to expand it.

Thanks,

Mike

2019年11月22日 下午 12:41
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

If you want to get a simple start menu, you can do the following.

Right click on the task bar, choose taskbar settings.

Then go to start, turn off Show app list in Start menu.

If you want to get a single column start menu, you can open start menu,  press CTRL and don't let it go, then press and one by one.

You will get a simple start menu like this.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月24日 上午 11:57
  • Thank you very much for your reply Eric.

If i do as you said above i could remove the application and also i can make it a single column start menu but if you tried to drag, it will still expand horizontally but for my application it should be static even though if i tried to drag it should not expand horizontally.

So is there any registry setting i can do so that it will become permanent as a single column start menu? It means even if i tried to drag horizontally also it should not expand.

Thanks,

Mike

• 已編輯 Mike xing 2019年11月25日 下午 01:22
    2019年11月25日 下午 01:20
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your update.

I feel sorry that I do not know much in registry about start menu.

I found an article about how to tweak the Windows 10 Start Menu use registry. Following are link:

https://windowstechies.com/tweaking-the-windows-10-start-menu-part-1/ 

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Eric

2019年11月25日 下午 01:43