none
Network setup issue between two PC having 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7 OS RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi,

During setup three PC

1) 32 bit win 7 OS previously configured 

2) 64 bit win 7 OS newly configured (previously configured Win 8 OS)

I am facing a issue during network setup between two PC using Home group. After share folders in 64 bit OS PC when I trying to open the folder from 32 bit PC  shows windows security dialog box with Enter Network Password.

When I accessing 64 bit win 7 PC from another 3) 32 bit win 8.1 PC sharing folder is perfectly working.

My question is

Why two PC having same OS win 7 but different processor speed 64 bit and 32 bit having networking issue?

2019年9月19日 下午 02:44

所有回覆

• Hi ,

Please check the advanced sharing settings in Network and sharing center is the same between 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7 OS.

Check if the following link is helpful:

"Enter Network Password" pop up when accessing Windows 7 to Windows 7 SMB Shared folders

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

2019年9月20日 上午 03:34
  • A Windows OS 64BIT can read & run a 32BIT OS,but not the reverse,32 can not use 64BIT..Also,to check edit Home Group,in cmd type: services.msc in msc scroll to Home Group,double click,set to Auto start,maybe click on Dependency tab,see what other service(s) need to be configured to run it...Plus,edit Windows Firewall,Home group & IE need Access,Event viewer System/expand the tree/ also get you info from the OS...
    2019年9月20日 下午 09:11
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

2019年9月23日 上午 01:52
  • Hi,

During setup three PC

1) 32 bit win 7 OS previously configured 

2) 64 bit win 7 OS newly configured (previously configured Win 8 OS)

I am facing a issue during network setup between two PC using Home group. After share folders in 64 bit OS PC when I trying to open the folder from 32 bit PC  shows windows security dialog box with Enter Network Password.

When I accessing 64 bit win 7 PC from another 3) 32 bit win 8.1 PC sharing folder is perfectly working.

My question is

Why two PC having same OS win 7 but different processor speed 64 bit and 32 bit having networking issue?

have you checked whether it is just permission issue on the shared folder? If you enter the security details what will happen?

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

2019年9月23日 上午 08:28
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue?               

Best Regards,

Candy

2019年9月25日 上午 06:01