none
Hybrid exchange deployment issue with encryption RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi all,

We are running exchange in hybrid mode and we have implemented AIP so that we can use OME when sending emails.Policy and labels are configured and I configured RMS connector. Everything is working fine and users can open the encrypted emails. Problem is when I send an email to external user, that user can open the email in OWA and on the phone but not in the Outlook desktop client. Users are getting access denied in the outlook and I don't know why because same users can open the same email in OWA and on the phone. When they open an email, the credentials window pops up and when they enter creds and after they receive access denied. Please help

• 已編輯 JabraHS 2020年1月28日 上午 09:34
    2020年1月28日 上午 09:33

所有回覆

• Hello,

Are you sending these e-mails to a shared mailbox? That could be the reason because the user opening the e-mail is not the user the mail was send to.

Regards,

Niels

2020年1月28日 上午 10:18
  • Hi,

Nopp, all users are regular users. As I said, everything is working if the same user use OWA or try to open it on the phone. Problem starts when those external users use outlook desktop app. 

• 已編輯 JabraHS 2020年1月28日 下午 12:01
    2020年1月28日 下午 12:00
  • What version of Outlook are you using and what it the external party using?

Regards,

Niels

2020年1月28日 下午 12:47
  • Hi,

According to your information, the issue occurs on the external user. What email server is the external user using, Exchange online, hybrid or etc? If the external user is in an Exchange server, we could firstly test the outlook connectivity and autodiscover in ExRCA tool

Have you tried sending the message inside your organization and verify the result on outlook? Or you could also try sending a test message to another user in the external user's organization.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

2020年1月29日 上午 05:58
  • Hi Guys,

Everything is working internally but not externally. External users are in office 365 and don't have on-prem exchange. They can open mail in OWA and on the phone but not on desktop client. We tried to send encrypted mail to several customers and the result was the same. Only problem is when they try to open it in desktop client. When they click on email, cred window pops up and after providing creds they receive access denied.

2020年1月29日 上午 09:26
  • Hi,

What's the outlook version? And which mode is outlook using, online or cached?

Could you please provide detailed error information or screenshots about the issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

2020年2月3日 上午 09:32