none
Hard drive is not showing up on computer. Says no media, no volumes; and not MBR formatted. /Newbie RRS feed

• 問題

• I recently bought a new Sata hard drive 2.0TB, 64 MB to use as a second backup for some files on another hard drive. Tried to use both drives in a docking station, failed, and now I cannot gain access to the new one any more, i.e. it doesn't show up on my computer. I'm a total newbie on this, but checked the internet and tried to follow some help and advice. This is where I ended up with.

In Disk Management I can see this:

"Disk 1, Removable (D:), No Media".

Then no more information whatsoever. When I right click and choose "properties" it says under device status that "This device is working properly." I cannot format it since I the"format" button under properties doesn't exist.

In Command Prompt and DISKPART i tried "convert gpt". Then I get the answer "The disk you specified is not MBR formatted". 

When I try the command "list disk" there is "No Media", "0 B" in Size, "0 B" Free and no * under Dyn och Gpt.

I cannot use "clean" since there is "no media in the device".

I have no idea what I am doing and don't know if any of the information above is relevant. Since I have no data on the disk, there is no need to save any data. I just want it to work! Any advice? 

2019年8月29日 下午 08:20

所有回覆

• Well its diskmgmt.msc thru run....Once in msc,L.click on a drive,go up to Actions/All/Make Active.

Or/And/R.click on the slave HD/delete partition/R.click/Create one/Format/use Default settings.FAT 32 is not recommended to NTFS file system.Once thrumset to Active in Actions,also once thru,R.click my computer/properties/Advanced/Virtual Memory/Advanced/Change button..With a L. click on a storage drive,set to: Let System Manage/click set 2X  restart pc..This is a Windows OS Performance gain,read more at the link..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions//cc751291(v=technet.10)

2019年8月30日 上午 12:33
  • Hi,

According to your description, please refer to the link below to see if any help:

Fix: External Hard Drive ‘No Media Error’

https://appuals.com/external-hard-drive-no-media-error/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年8月31日 下午 03:03
    版主