none
Bluetooth isn't supported in Windows Server. I have atheros Bluetooth RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi I have Bluetooth file transfer on my computer, I get this message Bluetooth isn't supported in Windows Server.  but I want to be able to connect a Bluetooth speaker to my computer is there any Bluetooth software that I can download and install so I can connect my laptop to any Bluetooth device.  My E-mail address is . Cheers Rod Dohrman
    2017年2月20日 上午 03:38

所有回覆

• Which operating system are you running; Windows 7 or Windows Server?

If you are running Windows Server, Microsoft did not include the files needed for Bluetooth to run on their Server OS.  You will have to search the internet for an unsupported work around to get Bluetooth services to wok on Windows Server.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

2017年2月20日 下午 05:25
  • Hi Rod.

Which Windows Server version are you using?
    Windows Server does not support Bluetooth connectivity; anyway, it looks like Windows Server 2016 supports that (according to what I've read on several forums).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

2017年2月20日 下午 06:22
  • Hi Rod.Dohrman,

According to your description, What OS you are using?

If you are using the Windows 7, we could download and update the Bluetooth Driver to the latest version from the manufacturer official website.

If you are using the Windows Server, is it Windows Server 03, 08? We could check the link below to get more information about the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/93ab14ff-f617-4a8b-b356-1d59c89f61e2/bluetooth-driver-on-windows-server-2008?forum=winservergen

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年2月21日 上午 08:19
    版主
  • Hi, have you tried to see if the computer is set up to discover properly? After scanning all the crappy answers on here I figured out the solution to the same error that I had. I thought it was related to that comment about the server as well, but it wasn't. The answer was actually really simple. Read the following

To find a wireless device

If Windows can't detect a wireless device that you want to add to your computer, here are some tips that can help.

• Make sure the device you're trying to pair with (connect to) isn't turned off, low on battery power, or in sleep mode.

• Make sure you haven't already added the device to your computer. Devices that have already been added aren't displayed in the list of devices you can connect to in the Add a device wizard.

• Make sure the device is within wireless range of your computer, typically within six to nine feet for most Bluetooth devices, or within 100 feet for a Wi‑Fi device. If you aren't sure if the device is in range, try moving it closer to your computer. If there's a wall between the device and the computer, try putting the device and computer in the same room.

• Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the wireless device, such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

• If your computer uses an external Bluetooth or Wi‑Fi adapter, make sure the adapter is working correctly and is attached and installed properly.

• If Bluetooth capability is integrated into your computer, make sure the Bluetooth radio transmitter is turned on. This might also turn your wireless network receiver on and off. Many laptops have an external switch for turning the transmitter on and off. If you aren't sure how to turn it on, check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.

• Make sure the device is discoverable. When a Bluetooth device is set to be discoverable, it sends out radio signals to advertise its location to other devices and computers. If you aren’t sure how to set your device to be discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer’s website. A device (such as a wireless mouse or a keyboard) might have a button on it that you need to push, while others (such as a Bluetooth mobile phone) might have a setting in their software menu that you need to select to make them discoverable.

• If you're trying to add a wireless network device, it must be configured for your wireless network before you can add it to your computer. If you aren't sure how to do this, check the information that came with the device or go to the manufacturer's website.

Note

• Some Wi‑Fi devices need to be put into a discovery mode known as Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) before they can be detected. To learn more, check the information that came with the device or go to the manufacturer's website.

• If you’re using Bluetooth software from a manufacturer other than Microsoft, Windows might not be able to detect your Bluetooth device and let you add it to your computer. To check if your Bluetooth software came from Microsoft, follow these steps:

1. Open the control panel

2. In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

3. In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Hardware tab and look for Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. If you don't see this, then your Bluetooth software didn't come from Microsoft.

4. Also check that the box under Options has been selected "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer!!!

2019年5月7日 上午 04:37