none
Windows 7 Extended Security Updates for OEM installs RRS feed

• 問題

• Hello,

I spoke with the VLSC and they told me that to be able to install ESUs onto windows 7 installations that we would need to do the following:

1. Purchase a single licenses of Windows 10 with software assurance to get imaging rights and downgrade support
    2. Reimage each windows 7 system in the curstomer environment with the volume license service center windows 7 image iso

I would expect the updates since they are basically downloaded from a portal to install on pretty much any current install of Windows 7.  Am I correct that we would be able to have the MSP (assuming they have software that can deploy the ESUs) push out the updates downloaded from the ESU portal to our clients current Windows 7 OEM installs or is VLSC correct in that every system would have to be reinstalled with a new volume license image before the ESUs could be installed on the system?

Thanks!

2019年9月10日 下午 07:01

所有回覆

• Hi,

According to our message, Windows 7 ESUs will be available to all Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise customers in Volume Licensing. 

In your scenario, current clients OS is OEM rather than Windows 7 Volume Licensing, so the VLSC support is right, you need to follow their suggestion to buy licenses the degrade, next install ESUs.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年9月11日 上午 07:28
  • VLSC statement is that I need to install the download of the VLSC version of Windows 7 to every single system which would nullify the point of me trying to do this.  We would just force an upgrade of Windows 10 to all the systems.  I clearly understand that the client would need to own a Windows 7 volume license in order to buy ESUs but I question the need to reinstall every single OEM client with a volume license client in order to apply the security upgrades which I assume are downloaded from the download portals just like 2003 esus were downloaded.

Does that make sense or is confusing to you?

2019年9月11日 下午 08:37
  • Hi,

Yeah,you need to reinstall the system in each Windows 7 system because OEM can't update to the system with Volume Licensing.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年9月12日 上午 09:48
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

2019年9月24日 上午 07:52