none
SEFAUTIL.exe after Skype for Business Upgrade

Frage

• Is there Skype for Business Server 2015 resource kit out yet? I can not longer use SEFAUtil.exe after upgrading to Skype for Business.  I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assmbly 'Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.  at SEFAUtil.SefaTool.Execute() at SEFAUtil.Program.Main(String[] args)

Assuming I just need an updated version of the tool to work with the new server version cause it was working perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Montag, 18. Mai 2015 13:03

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hi LE2Strat,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Dienstag, 19. Mai 2015 07:24
  • yes, keep me posted. I cannot add or remove users from call pickup groups now without this tool working.
    Dienstag, 19. Mai 2015 17:34
  • We get exactly the same error after our SfB upgrade. Also really need this tools ASAP.

Any news on an update?

Freitag, 22. Mai 2015 15:08
  • Hi,

Please check if there is a Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.dll file under the following folder.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration\v4.0_6.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35

If not, please copy Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.dll from one of other servers in the environment.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Montag, 25. Mai 2015 01:19
  • Hi

Thankyou for your reply. I have the same issue after update to S4B. I have only one FE server

Where can I get that file if all servers are updated?

Best regards

Torsten

Torsten Egebirk - MCITP: EA/SA/LyncA - MCSE/A Win2k3/2k - VCP 3/4 - CCA XenApp 5 Win2k3 - CCNA (expired)

Dienstag, 26. Mai 2015 12:38
  • Eason,

Like Alex said, if ALL of our servers are now updated, how can we get this file.  Microsoft needs to addresses this. I really don't feel like spinning up a standard edition Lync 2013 server with a different pool name just to get a file.

Dienstag, 26. Mai 2015 13:16
  • Eason,

I have the Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.dll file in the folder but at version 6.09319.0 not 5.0.0.0 which is requested in the error. I do have a copy before the upgrade (version 5.0.8308.884)  but would like to know if replacing this file with an earlier version will cause any other SfB service to stop working as designed as this file is part of the UC Managed API.

LE2Strat The original DLL is available here if wish to test it out. https://latchways-my.sharepoint.com/personal/alex_harvey_latchways_com1/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=0gVYWuVa03rXiupMDk0Fc%2fzokHIzdrH9mOIB6zBos80%3d&docid=053ab5659856a4fc890d1b95970cfb720

Thanks,

Alex

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015 13:31
  • Thanks Alex.  I don't think putting the older file in there would be a good idea.  S4B needs the updated version for functionality, or they wouldn't' have updated it right?!  :-)
    Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015 13:41
  • Agreed. I have however placed a recovered v5.0.0.0 Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.dll and the dependent SIPEPS.dll into the ResKit folder to test and I no longer get the error mentioned but I also do not get any actions taken!

It appears that it is all based upon the need for UCMA v5 which is not available yet.

The link is here https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/dn465970(v=office.16).aspx but does not work.

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015 14:36
  • So, looks like we are dead in the water until Microsoft releases an update.  I asked a Lync MVP on Twitter to check with his connection inside MS for when the S4B Resource Toolkit might come out.  They said around S4B CU1, but no real time-table on a release date.  Since it just RTM'd, we may be waiting a few more months.
    Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2015 12:41
  • Hi,

i just got it working with a crazy workaround. I installed the UCMA4.0 and Ressourcekit on an additional Maschine and then copied all the dll's with Microsoft.Rtc.* to the ResKit folder on my S4B Frontend.

Then it works. Here are the files: Click me

I know this is of course not supported by microsoft, but it works for me.

Please give me feedback if it helps for you.....

Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015 11:50
  • With something as critical as S4B in our enterprise, I won't be doing anything "unsupported" so I am not brave enough to try this fix.  But thanks for the information Daniel.  I am awaiting official word from Microsoft on a real supported fix.
    Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015 12:07
  • For me i decided to use this workaround. The main problem is, that S4B uses UCMA 5.0 and the ResKit requires UCMA 4. 

Copying the Files in the ProgramDirectory of ResKit seems to be an acceptable risk for me. And the Changes of SEFAUTIL are working, i tested it in the testing environment and the changes are done.

Daniel

Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015 12:32
  • I've tested this in a sandbox and works as expected. Agreed that this solution is not ideal or supported but it does get you out of a hole until Microsoft release the full UCMA 5 and ResKit.

Thanks Daniel.

Alex.

Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015 12:37
  • Thanks for the feedback Alex. Of course it's just until the new ResKit is released!
    Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015 12:39
  • SEFAUtil for SfB is shipping this week, and a set of PS comandlets to configure GCP (without the need for SEFAUtil) is scheduled for CU1.

Waseem

• Bearbeitet Waseemh Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 18:45
    Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015 15:55
  • Can you please post a link here to the download when it's available?
    Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2015 13:35
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Waseemh Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 18:43
    • Bearbeitet Waseemh Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 18:45
    • Als Antwort markiert LE2Strat Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 18:45
    Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2015 20:37
  • You URL is broken!!
    Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017 15:32
  • You URL is broken!!
    Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015 Resource Kit Tools

Please 'Vote as helpful' if this post helps you and 'Mark as answer' if the reply answered your question. This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Bearbeitet Daniel Orlić Freitag, 9. Juni 2017 06:23 Minor text fix
    Freitag, 9. Juni 2017 06:23