none
windows 2012 R2 wmiprvse.exe high CPU usage -- URGENT RRS feed

• Frage

• We have two Windows 2012 R2 domain controllers hosted on HYPER-V host. However one of the domain controller continuously running with 100% cpu utilization. WMIPRVSE.EXE is consuming more than 50% CPU. I have checked forums and other resources for exact causes and fixes for WMIPRVSE.EXE issue in Windows 2012 R2, but could not find anything.

Would you please guide me to troubleshoot and fix the issue?

Tek-Nerd

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2015 22:11

Alle Antworten

• wmiprvse is a host process for WMI providers. High CPU usage can be caused by faulty providermodules, applications that use WMI extensively, or combination of both. You can see a list of modules running in the provider host process by starting Resource Monitor, selecting WmiPrvSe process with high utilization, and looking at the modules list. It will show all provider DLLs. There is no simple way of identifying which provider causes high CPU usage. Basically you need to dump WmiPrvSe process' memory and state, and analyze the dump data. Take a look at this article for more info.

Gleb.

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015 10:08
  • Hi Tek-Nerd,

Would you please let me confirm whether install all necessary windows updates in the problematic server 2012 r2? In addition, please refer to following articles and check if help you to troubleshoot this issue.

Using Netmon to figure out the source of high CPU in WMIprvse.exe

WMI: High Memory Usage by WMI Service or Wmiprvse.exe

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015 10:15
  • Thank you Gleb / Justin,

The windows 2012 r2 server is up to date with Microsoft latest patches...

Tek-Nerd

Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2015 22:33
  • The windows 2012 r2 server is up to date with Microsoft latest patches...

Hi Tek-Nerd,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you refer to above suggestions and then troubleshoot this high CPU usage issue? If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 9. März 2015 08:09
  • Tek-Nerd,

Did you solve the problem , I'm experiencing the same issue.

Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2015 13:24