none
AD Account Getting Locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am facing issue with Domain Administrator account frequently getting locked out.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To narrow down possible factors, more information is needed.

Assuming that this account get locked only on a specific computer, please check if restarting the computer can fix the issue.  If not, please try the following steps on the specific computer:

1. Download PsExec.exe from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx and copy it to C:\Windows\System32.  

2. From a command prompt run:  psexec -i -s -d cmd.exe  

3. From the new DOS window run:  rundll32 keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr  

4. Remove any items that appear in the list of Stored User Names and Passwords.  Restart the computer. 

If the steps above cannot fix the issue, there is a need to collect more information.

Please feel free to let me know if any assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 21, 2018 8:58 AM
  • HI

I am getting 4740 event ID for this and getting caller computer name which are different-different pc.

I already checked those pcs and restarted also but still account getting locked. 

Saturday, December 22, 2018 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the steps I provided?

Just to confirm the current situation.

Best regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 24, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lavilian

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lavilian

Monday, December 31, 2018 4:58 AM