none
Event ID 1006 followed by 1030 RRS feed

• Question

• Beginning last week my domain controller is getting the following two errors in the same time frame on a daily basis between 7:00pm and 8:00pm on the Domain Controller

Event ID: 1006 - Windows cannot bind to xxxxx.xxx domain. (No Memory). Group Policy processing aborted.
    Event ID: 1030 - Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously
    logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

The user causing this issue is System.  I have searched for scheduled tasks on the DC, but found none.

These errors are causing me to reboot web application servers as users can not log in.  The DC has no group policies other than the default policies. 

Originally I thought the errors were caused by a MS Sec Patch the was previously installed (MS09-34 - KB972260) as these errors did not appear until the server was rebooted for this patch.  I have removed the patch and the problem still persists.

I searched forums for any info on the Event ID 1006, with No Memory error but found none.

The DC is a Server 2003 SP2. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

lets start with DNS check, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the DC and DNS server.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

lets start with DNS check, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the DC and DNS server.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:34 PM
  • This issue seems to have healed itself.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:09 PM