none
Problem creating DHCP scope on Windows 2008 R2 server

Question

• I am trying to add a DHCP scope to a Windows 2008 R2 server.

I enter all the information.  The the Installation Results page states:

DHCP Server: Installation succeeded with errors

<Error>: Attempt to configure DHCP Server failed with error code 0x80074E54. The scope parameters are incorrect. Either the scope already exists or its subnet address and mask is inconsistent with the subnet address and mask of an existing scope.

I see a created DHCP server, but I cannot configure it and I do not think it is running.  It has a red dot next to the DHCP server name.

How do I fix this ?

• Moved by Tim QuanModerator Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:09 AM DHCP issue (From:Setup Deployment)
    Monday, May 24, 2010 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

From your description, I understand that the error message stating "Attempt to configure DHCP Server failed with error code 0x80074E54. The scope parameters are incorrect. Either the scope already exists or its subnet address and mask is inconsistent with the subnet address and mask of an existing scope." shows up after installing the DHCP server.

Now post the DHCP Scope settings here. In addition, we need to run the "netsh dhcp server \\servername dump >c:\dhcpresult.txt" command on the DHCP server.

Please send the files to me directly at tfwst@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Miles

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:31 AM
  • I sent the information to your email address yesterday.

It appears that the DHCP server is online and operational.  The problem is that I cannot administer it or view any details in the Server Roles.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:47 PM
  • Hi Earl,

I got around this problem by opening the DHCP snap-in and deleting the scope then adding it again from fresh.

Hope this helps!

Friday, March 18, 2011 12:10 PM