none
Deleted RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I found the following article, you may have a look and try the methods to see if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947215/you-receive-a-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-error-message

Roaming profiles with redirected folder are used for almost 8 years without major complications

I would suggest you check the file system and events on the file server to see if there has some error. I suppose some error on file server may cause the issue.

Also, may I ask whether the folder permissions were changed recently on the file server? And whether preformed some changes on Group Policy and user properties recently?

If you need further help, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 7:45 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

I would apologize for the delayed reply.

According to the situation, I assume that the profile is not syncing properly. Restoration helps but the same issue persists.

The causes of this issue can be various. In order to narrow down the issue, could you please help me verify the following questions:

1. I noticed that we looked into the “profile folder on server, it is empty”. Do you mean that on the file server, the user’s profile folder is empty?

2. If so, please check if we have any group policies or local policies that empty the user profile folder. And take a close look at the Event Viewer to see if there’s any log of the user profile deletion.

3. I also noticed that you said “one user per day”. What does this mean? Does it mean that every day we have a new user who cannot sign in? Today we have user1 and tomorrow we will have user1 and user2?

Best Regards,

William

Monday, December 18, 2017 1:28 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

This is really a rare situation according to the description. So, we are having GPO to delete cached roaming profile locally, and random users who cannot log in.

It is suspected that this behavior relates to the latest Windows Update in the original post, while as far as we know, we have not received any other case like this. But we will keep monitoring.

At the same time, I tried my best to repro the same issue in my environment without success. So I would like to provide some possible troubleshooting methods:

1. How many file servers do we have? If we have multiple file servers, please make sure they sync data as expected before we take any tests.

2. Try this - unlink the GPO containing [Delete cached copies of roaming profiles]. And see if this helps. If there’s any symptom different from the old ones, please let me know.

3. Create several new users and monitor if they will have the same issue. If the newly created users are good, then we can try recreating other users in AD.

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

William

Friday, December 22, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:36 PM
  • With Windows 10 - Roaming profiles are not fully functionnal when the Delete cached copies of roaming profiles rule is active.  Apps are not working and partial profiles are loaded.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:24 PM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:42 PM