Access subdomain from local network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dear,

I have these: 

1. I have public domain as company.com registered

2. I have created subdomain (A record) in my Cpanel on internet hosting as pos.company.com

3. I have server 2016 DNS Server with active directory integrated as ad.local 

4. I have client who is using laptop internal and external access this pos.company.com

My question is how could I make pos.company.com accessible both external and internal?

Noted: pos.company.com can access external to local web server good but if client connect to local wifi it dose not.

Asking for better knowledge in future.

Monday, December 9, 2019 10:06 AM

All replies

• You need to check first the DNS settings of the client when connected through WiFi. Is the PC pointing to your internal DNS server? If yes then is it able to do DNS resolution for the mentioned domain (Use NSlookup to check)? If DNS resolution works as expected then it may a different cause of the issue which is other than the fact that your DNS domain may be misconfigured.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:20 PM
  • I have configured local DNS point to my local web (192.168.1.7) with -A record as pos.company.com in zone as.local And do nslook client is got dhcp with local dns 192.168.1.2 correctly but client still can access to local web instead it keep access to public domain Ip. If it access to public domain IP from local lan it impossible that why please suggest.

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:49 PM
  • I have configured local DNS point to my local web (192.168.1.7) with -A record as pos.company.com in zone as.local And do nslook client is got dhcp with local dns 192.168.1.2 correctly but client still can access to local web instead it keep access to public domain Ip. If it access to public domain IP from local lan it impossible that why please suggest.

Have you tried to remove the cache using ipconfig /flushdns? This clears the local computer cache. Else, how did you knew that the computer was using another IP to access?

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Thank Ahmed MALEK,

It working now. I don't know what going on with my WS OS 10 it does not access it while other PC can access including virtual PC can access now.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi ,

You might pay more attention to this issue in the future, if any further help is necessary for this issue, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:26 AM