When running my service, the service receives the request SERVER_CONTROL_INTEGORATTE from service control manager for every one minute RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When running my service,  the service receives the request SERVER_CONTROL_INTEGORATTE from service control manager for every one minute.

Some links suggest that this problem is due to firewall, in that case how to resolve this problem.

Please suggest your ideas to resolve this problem.

Thank in advance

• Edited by rmgs123 Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, you could disable firewall to confirm the issue is related to firewall or not.

The control code SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE notifies a service to report its current status information to the service control manager. The handler should simply return NO_ERROR; the SCM is aware of the current state of the service.

Do the Service Control Manager reports Event ID 7016? If so, please refer to the article below to troubleshoot the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320789

If not, please provide more detailed error message about your question.

Regards,

Mandy Ye

• Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Monday, September 16, 2013 8:32 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, you could disable firewall to confirm the issue is related to firewall or not.

The control code SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE notifies a service to report its current status information to the service control manager. The handler should simply return NO_ERROR; the SCM is aware of the current state of the service.

Do the Service Control Manager reports Event ID 7016? If so, please refer to the article below to troubleshoot the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320789

Regards,

Mandy Ye

• Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Monday, September 16, 2013 8:32 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:30 PM
  • The service control manager not reports Event ID 7016.

If I disable the firewall the service is not receiving the SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE notification. Please help me to handle this problem when firewall is turn on.

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, the issue is related to firewall. Which firewall do you use? If you are using Tiny Personal Firewall, you could refer to the article below to help troubleshoot the issue:

SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE msg in Tiny how to fix
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r13481018-SERVICE-CONTROL-INTERROGATE-msg-in-Tiny-how-to-fix

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Mandy Ye

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

Even If I turn off the firewall sometimes the service  continuously(for  more than 24 hours) receiving this SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE  request.

Not only my service all the services running in that machine are facing this problem.

What could be the problem?

• Edited by rmgs123 Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:08 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:08 AM