none
NIC Teaming Host Unmanageable and general error not covered by more specific error

General discussion

• Found one of our cluster nodes with NIC teaming has this problem: NIC teaming shows the Host Unmanageable, and all the NetLBFOTeam PowerShell cmdlets return the following:

Get-NetLbfoTeamNic : A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetLbfoTeamNic
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeamNic:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeamNic) [Get-NetLbfoTeamNic], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MI RESULT 1,Get-NetLbfoTeamNic

This may have started when the switches that this cluster uses were replaced/reconfigured unsuccessfully.  The other nodes are OK.

Since we cannot manipulate the team in any way, we plan to rebuild this node.  I just wanted to put something in the forums on this error message since I couldn't find anything. 

Friday, November 22, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• We had a power outage over the weekend and 2/4 of our hosts have the same issue.

Rebuilding here as well; a good reason right here to keep your cluster clean of unclustered VMs!

Monday, December 23, 2013 7:36 PM
  • I get this error after having VMM 2012 R2 uncluster my Server 2012 R2 cluster:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetLbfoTeam
    Get-NetLbfoTeam : A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetLbfoTeam
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [Get-NetLbfoTeam], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MI RESULT 1,Get-NetLbfoTeam

WMI filling with : ClientProcessId = 3300; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - root\standardcimv2 : SELECT  * FROM MSFT_NetLbfoTeam; ResultCode = 0x80041001; PossibleCause = Unknown

I have not been able to find a workaround to this issue.

Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:39 AM
  • We have 3 of 9 hosts in a 2012 RTM Hyper-V Cluster in the same state after an un-clean shutdown due to cooling issues.  Our VMware cluster came back just fine...

Incidentally, we had the same issue after we had an HP Flex LOM module fail in a server and had to rebuild after the faulty component was replaced.

Monday, February 17, 2014 12:28 AM
  • Hi, I've encountered this issue two weeks ago in a Windows 2012 Hyper-V Cluster.

Due to a planned electrical maintenance, I've taken a full shut down of the entire cluster environment: three nodes and a SAN.

When I've powered on the system, I've discovered that the cluster nodes were having troubles connecting each other via network.

After some more research I've found all three nodes with this issue related to the teams and no NIC were present on "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections".

I was first able to have the NICs/Teams back with this procedure:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/e2cc0c20-2f73-46d5-9db3-96af0d028f2c/windows-2012-network-teaming-broken-host-unmanageable?forum=winserverPN

But the bindings were all incorrect. For example, the "Client for Microsoft Network" was selected but not functioning.

To repair the bindings I've done an unselect/save/select/save again.

Also after that I was able to bring a cluster node up and running, but unable to have a correct communication between the nodes.

I've finished rebuilding all the three nodes one at a time.

I'm searching for the root of the probem, but not find anything yet.

My configuration is:

- Nodes Dell PE R720

- NIC Intel I350 / X520

- SAN Dell Equallogic 6110

- O.S. Windows 2012

Wich hardware/software configuration do you have on the other similar cases?

Regards,

Marco

Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:31 AM
  • I had the same issue in my 3 nodes server.

I solved after remove/install the hyper-v role.

Yes, I need to reconfigure all vswitches from scratch.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:14 PM