none
Shift and Ctrl keys sticking RRS feed

• Question

• On the Android app version 8.1.67.369 both live and beta the function keys specifically the Shift keys will stick when using a physical keyboard to deactivate the button you have to re press the Left Shift button. Similar issues seem to happen with the Ctrl button but as the Shift key is used more it seems more prevalent with this button.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix for it?

Friday, April 12, 2019 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For known and fixed issue about Remote Desktop client on Android, we can check below link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/android-whatsnew

As you had mentioned that problem happens when using external keyboard. If possible, please confirm that:
    1. If such problem only happens when typing in specific software/app.
    2. If such problem happens when using Android built-in virtual keyboard. 
    3. If such problem happens when using different external keyboard, it would be helpful to identify whether it is specific hardware relate problem. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, April 22, 2019 1:06 AM
  • I'm having the same problem. Using samsung s10 with android 9 and microsoft rdp is 8.1.68.373

1. If such problem only happens when typing in specific software/app.

- I don't have the problem in dex, only in RDP. The issue persists with a usb, wireless, or bluetooth keyboard. It doesnt matter what I'm doing in windows. The same thing happens. Currently I use swift key as my default keyboard, but I have confirmed it happens with samsung set as default
    2. If such problem happens when using Android built-in virtual keyboard. 

- Right I can't figure out how to get the built in keyboard to come up in RDP. And for this I never plan to use that keyboard because I will be using it from a dock.
    3. If such problem happens when using different external keyboard, it would be helpful to identify whether it is specific hardware relate problem. 

- If you move to quickly, the shift key becomes stuck and will capitalize everything. If you slowly press and hold shift, then the letter, then let go of the shift key it won't get stuck. As someone who works on computers daily this is extremely frustrating because I can type fast but I'm having to go back and correct the words almost every sentence. It seems as if a quick press of the shift key activates it that same way pressing shift on the built in keyboard does. Pressing it a second time does not disable it. For example if the sentence will be fine until I need to CAPITALIZE A LETTER THEN EVERYTHING TURNS TO CAPS LIKE THIS. Strangely it doesn't seem to happen when I capitalize 'I' by itself or if the word starts with 'I'.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:29 PM
  • https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX110281
    • Proposed as answer by helptek-brady Friday, April 26, 2019 2:34 PM
    Friday, April 26, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Ah that fixed it. I unchecked the box that said "control input on device" and now the shift key issue isn't happening. Wow such a simple fix for the most annoying issue.
    Friday, April 26, 2019 2:30 PM
  • where do you see this option when remoted in on android in Dex?
    Monday, October 14, 2019 6:52 PM