none
Changing the published name of an RDP collection breaks new connections RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get rid of the error notification below:

I have the following configuration:

• Server 2016 w/ latest updates
    • single server handling RD Web, RD Gateway, RD Connection broker
    • 3 RD Session host servers
    • SSL certificate for remote.example.com
    • Created an internal DNS record that points remote.example.com to RDG.example.LOCAL

I have tried doing the following, but it always gives me the error below when I try to connect:

• Change the RD Published Name
    • https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Change-published-FQDN-for-2a029b80
    • Add an RDP property for alternate full address
    • https://serverfault.com/questions/524092/rds-rdweb-and-remoteapp-how-to-use-public-certificate-for-launching-apps-on-s

Any input on what I can do to resolve this?

Andy Morales (Blog)

• Edited by Andy202a Monday, April 15, 2019 7:26 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

In RD Gateway Manager, Properties of your RD RAP, Network Resource tab, please select Allow user to connect to any network resource.  After saving the change please refresh the RDWeb page if it is currently open on the client PC and test.  Later if you want you can go back and edit the RD RAP and switch to using a locally-managed RDG group instead.  In this group you will need to add all the required FQDNs/ip addresses/NetBIOS names of hosts you will need to connect to. 

I would appreciate it if you would click over and rate my script:  Set-RDPublishedName  I created it specifically to help with your scenario.

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by TP []MVP, Moderator Monday, April 15, 2019 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy202a Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:24 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 8:08 PM
  • Is there any risk in leaving the Network Resources Setting at "Allow users to connect to any network resource"? 

Andy Morales (Blog)

Hi,

It depends on your needs.  The setting simply means that an authorized user can attempt to connect to any host reachable from the RDG, even those outside of your network (provided your firewall allows it).  In some cases people want to restrict how people can use the RDG, and this is one of the potential methods.

-TP

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

In RD Gateway Manager, Properties of your RD RAP, Network Resource tab, please select Allow user to connect to any network resource.  After saving the change please refresh the RDWeb page if it is currently open on the client PC and test.  Later if you want you can go back and edit the RD RAP and switch to using a locally-managed RDG group instead.  In this group you will need to add all the required FQDNs/ip addresses/NetBIOS names of hosts you will need to connect to. 

I would appreciate it if you would click over and rate my script:  Set-RDPublishedName  I created it specifically to help with your scenario.

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by TP []MVP, Moderator Monday, April 15, 2019 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy202a Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:24 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 8:08 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks.

-TP

Perfect! that did it

Is there any risk in leaving the Network Resources Setting at "Allow users to connect to any network resource"? 

Andy Morales (Blog)

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:26 PM
  • Is there any risk in leaving the Network Resources Setting at "Allow users to connect to any network resource"? 

Andy Morales (Blog)

Hi,

It depends on your needs.  The setting simply means that an authorized user can attempt to connect to any host reachable from the RDG, even those outside of your network (provided your firewall allows it).  In some cases people want to restrict how people can use the RDG, and this is one of the potential methods.

-TP

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:32 PM
  • Is Your issue resolved?
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 5:01 AM