none
two SCCM environments in the same AD forest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is it possible to install two SCCM hierachies (one for Testing with add max.50 clients and one primary site server) and the other as a production, with one Primary site, secondary and DPs and around 15.000 clients. I think it should possible, but I've to define different boundaries and discovering different OU's.

What to you think about this ?

Regards

Carsten

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• That will work. Just make sure that there are no overlapping boundaries (boundary groups) and that you're using unique sitecodes. You can discover the same OUs with both sites as this just adds resources to each database.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

thanks for your quick answer. Short question: Are SCCM2012 using the same Ports, Protocols as SCCM2007?

Regards

Carsten

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Yes. 

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Hi Torsten,

sorry for delay, but Thanks for you feedback.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:28 PM
  • hi Torsten,

I have a SCCM managed by third party provider (their collocation) we want to deploy a fresh new one at the SAME FOREST (now on-premises). What do you you recommend?
    New SITE for this SCCM current branch and pick a few "current clients" from current SCCM and target them to new SCCM as pilot before the cutover to make sure all Applications and Packages are fully deployed?

- NEW SQL server for this SCCM

- NEW SCCM server and SITE at the same forest

- NEW collection for "pilot"

- PICK 5 current SCCM (third party provider) and target them to NEW SCCM SITE

- EVALUATE apps, packages and reporting 

regards,
    Thiago

Thiago Beier Se foi útil marca como resposta! Don´t forget to mark as answer!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:50 AM