none
Issues in Windows Server 2019 build 17709 RRS feed

• General discussion

• In WS 2019 build 2019, I have found two kind of issues.

First, I can not set manually file asociation corectely. I have a special light type of pdf reader that requires manual asociation of pdf files with it, that can not be done in the Settings app. It fails to get it save the asociation if I hit Apply then Ok. The same regarding doc files. 

Second of all, language features for non-English like handwriting fail to install. Windows start automaticly to download the package, but it fails to install. And this happens over and over again.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Server 2019 is still a previous version. If there is any problem you had met during the use, you can post your feedback/suggestion via Feedback app on Start menu, and post your feedback to product group.

Thank you for your detail feedback.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 13, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I can not find the Feedback app on the Start Menu. This is why I raport the issues in here.
    Friday, July 13, 2018 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

I will try to re-produce the operation and problem you had mentioned, if it is same on my test machine, I will report it to product team.

Thank you for your detail feedback, also, thank you for supporting and concern about Microsoft product.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 16, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hi,

>WS 2019 build 2019
    Please open Run, type “winver” or “msinfo32” to check detail OS name, version and build.

I had installed WS 2019 build 17692 as virtual test system.

1>
    I had installed 3rd party software – PDF viewer, and Microsoft Office 2013 with Word 2013. Then, open Notification – All Settings – Apps – Default apps – Choose default apps by file type. PDF and Word file types are automatically associated with the installed software. Also, I can manually specify the software to custom the file type association.

2>
    I try to add language via Notification – All Settings – Time and Language – Language, once language has been added, there is no handwriting icon which displays at upper right corner of English language. 

I will report such problem to product.

Again, thank you for your detail feedback. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I can not find the Feedback app on the Start Menu. This is why I raport the issues in here.

I don't think they're tracking this forum for anything to do with Server 2019 preview. Better to post over here.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-Server-Insiders/bd-p/WindowsServerInsiders

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:18 AM
  • I have tried to associate doc files with WordPad, on previous builds it worked fine. And the pdf viewer, MuPDF, was not installable, I has to be download and the file association was made via choosing a pdf file and doing it manually. O both cases, file association did not worked.

https://mupdf.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Issues still present in build 17713
    Friday, July 20, 2018 11:09 AM