none
Unable to open ADUC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are continuously facing problem opening ADUC on our windows 2012 DC after every few days and getting the below message under DNS console. After restarting the server it comes back. We followed almost all the articles related to DNS troubleshooting but no benefit.

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    DNS
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    4013
    Date:        5/1/2020
    Time:        3:04:43 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    dc1
    Description:
    The DNS server is waiting for Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to signal that the initial synchronization of the directory has been completed. The DNS server service cannot start until the initial synchronization is complete because critical DNS data might not yet be replicated onto this domain controller. If events in the AD DS event log indicate that there is a problem with DNS name resolution, consider adding the IP address of another DNS server for this domain to the DNS server list in the Internet Protocol properties of this computer. This event will be logged every two minutes until AD DS has signaled that the initial synchronization has successfully completed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:39 AM

All replies

• Please run;

• Dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:%computername% >c:\dcdiag.log
    • repadmin /showrepl >C:\repl.txt
    • ipconfig /all > C:\dc1.txt
    • ipconfig /all > C:\dc2.txt
    • (etc. as other DC's exist)

then put unzipped text files up on OneDrive and share a link.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing here!

Did the DCs restart or shutdown unexpected ?

Would you please tell how did you configure the DNS server for the DCs, and how many DCs do you have?

Any other events on the DCs?

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 12:42 AM
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aipq-uiBaMaBgVKuZCSS6v9Oz03W?e=B6HnB8

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:29 AM
  • Please do not zip the files.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 3, 2020 7:58 AM
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aipq-uiBaMaBgVNJXaZAYVK7t5Qa?e=ndYcna

Friday, July 3, 2020 12:34 PM
  • I have two DCs. Each using its own IP as primary DNS. I configured the 2nd DNS Server IP as Primary on first DC and the opposite but same problem.

No unexpected restart or shutdown. It is suddenly happening.

Friday, July 3, 2020 12:41 PM
  • Looks like Kaspersky is installed and appears to be broken right now. I'd suggest uninstalling or fix it. Also may be some complications if it also provides a firewall. I'd check the required ports are flowing between the two.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179442/how-to-configure-a-firewall-for-domains-and-trusts

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Friday, July 3, 2020 12:54 PM
  • Kaspersky is installed without firewall and windows firewall is also disabled. There is no restriction or blocked port.

Is it possible to check if there are any traces of old DCs or DNS Servers in AD?

Saturday, July 4, 2020 7:32 AM
  • Sure, you can follow along here to perform clean up.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/deploy/ad-ds-metadata-cleanup

I'd still confirm the required ports are flowing between the two.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179442/how-to-configure-a-firewall-for-domains-and-trusts

Saturday, July 4, 2020 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

If there are any updates, welcome to share here!

Best Regards,

Fan

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:34 AM
  • It is working now after restarting the server. This happens every time. All the required ports are open. I have checked them. I already followed the article about metadata cleanup. I will re-check the ports when it stopped again.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:35 AM
  • Glad to hear.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Thursday, July 9, 2020 11:59 AM