none
Benefits of Veeam Backup for Hyper-V RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi every one!

Who has experience in using Veeam backup?

I've read their datacheet and I actuall stuck.

We have two hypervizors and one old,slow file server. I'm thinking about failover and backups for Hypervizors, and read about Veeam .

Most features that they introduce are already in Hyper-V, like Backups on-the-fly, File Explorer, thus it can't be atomated like Hyper-V backups via powershell.

I can't find out what's the purpose of using Veeam Backup, can anyone help?

Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the question is  related to a third application (Veeam), I'll change the type to discussion. 

Meanwhile as you said Windows (and Hyper-V) is adding new features which are mostly required so some features which were only provided by third party applications now are also available in new version of Windows system.

Specifically for your question, hope there are some users here could help providing more information. You can also try to contact vendor of Veeam Backup for further information. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:19 PM
  • In my opinion, the main benefit is that you get is all-in-one solution.

Usage of Veeam gives you a little bit more than Backups on-the-fly and File Explorer, namely, replication, automatic backup verification (SureBackup), Wan acceleration available for both backup and replication, tape integration, etc.

Let alone, Veeam Explorers (available for most popular MS applications like SharePoint, SQL, AD and Exchange) that significantly ease application granular item restore.

We’ve been using VB&R for several years, and the software always meets our needs and requirements perfectly.

AFAIK, Veeam has online community forums, so, you can ask product specific questions there.

Kind regards, Leonardo

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:48 PM