none
AD Account locking out frequently RRS feed

• Question

• HI Everyone,

I have a question about an issue which i am facing.Kindly help me if any one have any idea about it.

I have some users whose accounts always get locked out of the domain,

I have to manually unlock it like every 3 minutes. Please I need help in knowing what the issue is.

Thank You!

• Edited by Shong Chen Friday, September 16, 2016 6:30 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi

1) Check that you have cleared the locally saved credentials on the users computer. Control panel> Credentials Manager and clear all domain related credentials that are saved both Windows and Generic credentials.

2) Confirm that the user has not been logging from other devices or using remote desktop or Citrix Sessions. You may need to clear the sessions.

3) If the user has a Smart device using to connect to Corporate WiFi with same AD credentials and Emails then try reconnecting the WiFi and change the password for the Emails account on the device.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards.

H.shakir

• Marked as answer by Shong Chen Friday, September 16, 2016 7:43 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks all for your quick response and help.I have removed all the store credentials and it worked for me.

Thank YouQ

Friday, September 16, 2016 7:46 AM

All replies

• Please make sure they are not using an expired password.

Also, ask them to disconnect all network drives and there are no application is using old password.

In case the issue still persist, Please take a look at Account Lockout and Management Tools for windows 2008 R2  to help me determine why this account is locked and which computer or service is  trying to log on with his account.

Also check this - Troubleshooting account lockout the PSS way

You can also checkout this informative article to work around your situation - https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/128213-identify-the-source-of-account-lockouts-in-active-directory

Organizations who want increase their visibility as to what's happening in their IT environments but are perhaps limited on time, resources or budget. Lepide 2020 audit & change control suite provides instant access to see who, what, where and when changes are being made to Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL Servers, SharePoint, File Servers, Exchange Servers and more.

Friday, September 16, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Hi

1) Check that you have cleared the locally saved credentials on the users computer. Control panel> Credentials Manager and clear all domain related credentials that are saved both Windows and Generic credentials.

2) Confirm that the user has not been logging from other devices or using remote desktop or Citrix Sessions. You may need to clear the sessions.

3) If the user has a Smart device using to connect to Corporate WiFi with same AD credentials and Emails then try reconnecting the WiFi and change the password for the Emails account on the device.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards.

H.shakir

• Marked as answer by Shong Chen Friday, September 16, 2016 7:43 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks all for your quick response and help.I have removed all the store credentials and it worked for me.

Thank YouQ

Friday, September 16, 2016 7:46 AM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate your update and sharing the method to us. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same problem.
    Thank you for your effort again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:04 AM