none
Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2 Media Sharing to the Xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• So very close!

I just installed the Media Pack for Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2, and have my music, pictures and video all sharing as it should.  (The web streaming is a definite improvement, and for the first time since WHS v1 I have proper, reliable streaming of the music when I leave the house.  W00t!)

The last piece that is haunting me is attempting to stream any of that media to the Xbox 360 in my living room.  Simply put, while the library can be seen, none of the media will show.  It will attempt to search for a minute (or more sometimes) and eventually come back with "No artists found" (or whatever pivot I use).  I am able to get to this content through Windows Media Player on two other PCs (using the Other Libraries section on the left pane of WMP), and as mentioned above I'm also able to stream outside the home.

Any thoughts on this?  I know that there is a user named MediaAdmin$ in the server's user folder, and I'm assuming that is the user that serves out the Windows Media Player-based library over the network.  I'm just not entirely sure how I'd get to that user's WMP settings to allow an Xbox 360 in for streaming.  Or perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

• Edited by DragonWyntir Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:06 PM Minor corrections
    Friday, October 25, 2013 8:23 PM

Answers