none
Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac - No enough space in Redirected Folder when paste files RRS feed

• Question

• I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac (Version 10.3.3) to connect from iMac to my remote Windows 10 computer and exchange files between two computers through a Redirected Folder (the folder itself is on my iMac, and it's visible in Windows as a network drive among other drives like C:).

The issue is when I am trying to paste some files into the Redirected Folder through Windows File Explorer, it returns an error:

1 action aborted
    No enough space at \\tsclient\MyRedirectedFolderName. In order to copy these files the destination should have extra 439 Kb

The requested space is always different depends on files I paste.

Meanwhile, I still can save files into the folder from any other apps (e.g. I just saved a large PDF file opened in Adobe Acrobat through Save as). Additionally, I don't have this issue when I connect through my MacBook.

Any chance to fix it?

Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:31 PM

Answers

• HI
    10 If the problem persist ,can you check if Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1688) can solve your issue?
     Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1688)
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Westave Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:15 AM

All replies

• HI
    "The requested space is always different depends on files I paste"
    1 if you copy a notepad to the redirect folder ,will it also need extra capacity?
    2 if you install Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1676) on your problematical Mac computer ,will the problem persist ?
    3 what's model of your Mac computer ?what's the os version of your Mac computer ?
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1676)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi Andy, 

1. I copied a zero Kb (empty) notepad document into the folder with no issue. It didn't ask me for extra space. 

2. Version 10.3.4 didn't help. The problem is still there. 

3. I have iMac 27' Late 2012. MacOS 10.15 Catalina. 

I already had this issue a year ago (I was trying to copy very large files then and it failed), but the issue disappeared once I re-installed MacOS (it was MacOS Mojave). Unfortunately, this time re-installation of MacOS didn't help :-( 

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:37 PM
  • HI
    "exchange files between two computers through a Redirected Folder"
    4 did you exchange file more than 2GB ?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/2258090/copying-files-larger-than-2-gb-over-a-remote-desktop-services-or-termi
    "Unfortunately, this time re-installation of MacOS didn't help "

5 did you mean you reinstall MacOS Mojave or MacOS Catalina ?
      If you reinstall MacOS Mojave on your Mac computer ,will the problem persist ?

6 can you enter winver in command prompt on win10 rempte pc and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

7 did you consider using "Drive redirection" to remote session ?
    Drive redirection is supported for remote resources, so that you can save files created with a remote application locally to your Mac.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-mac

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:32 AM
  • 4. No I didn't exchange files over 2 Gb. I normally exchange documents (PDF, DOC) or images which are total only a few Mb (like 5-30 Mb).

5. I meant I've reinstalled Mojave in the past and it helped then. I also re-installed Catalina this time, but it didn't help at all. 

6. Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063.1387. 

7. Yes, I use Drive Redirection (set in Folders tab in the remote desktop settings).  

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:58 AM
  • HI
    8 if you try to remote access from Mac computer with os Catalina to other windows computer(win10 1809,1903) or windows server (w2016,w2019),will the problem also happen ?

w2016 or w2019 evaluation download link
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:25 AM
  • Hi Andy, 

I don't have any w2016 or w2019 to connect to. But I've just tried w/ Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Build 7601 and no, I don't have the problem when copy files into the Redirected Folder. 

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:23 AM
  • HI
    Thanks for your reply.
    " But I've just tried w/ Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Build 7601 and no, I don't have the problem when copy files into the Redirected Folder. "
    9 from above description,your issue only happen on win10 1703 computer 。

9.1 if we do a clean boot on win10 1703 (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    9.2 if we install
    the latest update ,will the problem persist ?
    10 because win10 1703 end of life ,do you conside to in place upgrade to win10 high version ,then look if the problem persist ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi Andy, 

9.1. I did a clean boot on Windows. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

9.2. I can't install anything on the remote computer or upgrade it to a newer version since it's my office computer, and it managed by IT department. 

I am about to re-install MacOS again. Hope it will solve the issue. 

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:17 PM
  • HI
    10 If the problem persist ,can you check if Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1688) can solve your issue?
     Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1688)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Hi Andy, 

I have a clean installation of MacOS Catalina now, and the issue persists. 

Meanwhile, I've just installed the beta version Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.4 (1688) by the link you provided, and it did help! I can now copy files in the same redirected folder with no issue. 

Is is safe to use beta version? Or should I wait for the stable one to be updated? 

Thank you very much! 

• Edited by Westave Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:59 AM clarification
    • Unmarked as answer by Westave Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:56 AM
  • HI
    You are welcome!
    Is it safe to use beta version? Or should I wait for the stable one to be updated? 
    I think each new version for MRD is better than previous version. So I think it is safe,but there may be include potential issue need us to find.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:46 PM
  • HI
    If the information is usefull , please "mark as the answer" to help other community members find useful responses quickly. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:29 AM