none
Problems with WDS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having some Problems with the WDS. I have installed in a windows server 2016 /1607 (OS Build 14393.3204).

When i configure WDS it always says "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". no matter what I do.  I dont have a DHCP in the same server, it only has the WDS.

I checked the event viewer to research more information about it and i get these events:

- Event ID :768

An error occurred while trying to initialize the Auto Add Policy. 

Error Information: 0x6FC 

- Event ID :261

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider WDSDCPXE loaded from C:\Windows\system32\wdsdcpxe.dll. If the provider is marked as critical, the Windows Deployment Services server will  shut down. 

- Event ID :264

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider WDSDCPXE. Because the provider  is not marked as critical, the Windows Deployment Services server will continue to run. 

- Event ID :268

All registered providers failed to initialize. Review the Event Log for specific  error messages for each provider. Windows Deployment Services will  shut down.

- Event ID :513

An error occurred while trying to initialize provider WDSPXE from C:\Windows\system32\wdspxe.dll. Windows Deployment Services server will be shutdown.

Error Information: 0xC107010C 

- Event ID :257

An error occurred while trying to start the Windows Deployment Services server. 

Error Information: 0xC107010C 

- Event ID :7024

The Windows Deployment Services Server service terminated with the following service-specific error: 
    %%3238461708.

I tried a lot of workaround and i still cant fix the problem. I just discovered that if I get the server out of the domain and I rejoin, the moment that starts the services are working fine, but in a matter of time (15-20 minutes) they dont work again. and even if I try installing a OS when the servces are "working" still dosn't work.

I ran out of ideas. Any sugestions?

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 6:46 AM

All replies