none
Will this update KB4057142 be made available in config manager WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SCCM to deploy updates to my clients and servers, but I don't see this update anywhere.  Does anyone know if it will be made be available? 

Thanks

Jim

Friday, January 19, 2018 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please "re-sync" WSUS server from windows update (If that WSUS server is a downstream server ,please execute "sync" on upstream server).

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4057142%20

That update was added into windows update catalog at 1/19/2018 .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 5:34 AM

• i am missing KB4057142 from wsus as well. last successful sync right now. i could add it manually but why is it not in there automatically?
    Monday, January 22, 2018 9:54 AM
  • Also missing the following updates in SCCM:

- Windows Server 2016 – KB4057142
    - Windows 10 1709 (64-bit) – KB4073290
    - Windows 10 1709 (32-bit) – KB4073291
    - Windows 10 1703 – KB4057144  
    - Windows 10 1607 – KB4057142

Ran a sychronization but nothing.
    Also checked WSUS but cannot be found.

The only updates that are available are:

- Windows Server 2012 R2 – KB4057401
    - Windows Server 2012 – KB4057402
    - Windows 8.1 – KB4057401

Monday, January 22, 2018 10:54 AM
  • i also discovered that i cannot add KB4057142 manually thorugh the windows update catalog website. it states that my version (10.0.14393.1914) of wsus is incompatible.
    Monday, January 22, 2018 11:36 AM
  • Thanks, I did several times and still no updates for KB4057142.  Do I need to select in the Classifications "upgrades" or in the Products do I need to select anything other than just windows 10 ?
    Monday, January 22, 2018 2:54 PM
  • We are also not seeing these in our WSUS/SCCM sync logs.  Has there been any word from MS on this?

Symantec has told us these patches resolve false positive alerts in the system try icons of SEP, however the MS updates appear to apply only to AMD processor boot issues.  I want to try and obtain these through SCCM and do some internal testing, but they aren't available.  

Monday, January 22, 2018 3:20 PM
  • Im having the same issues, updates are not showing in SCCM.  I have manually installed the updates on test machines and need to deploy them to remaining clients asap.
    Monday, January 22, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hello

I have same situation like You. My WIn10 workstation reports it as a 10.0.14393.1914 when I see on

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057142/windows-10-update-kb4057142

that latest build is 14393.2034

So question is is here anyone who has workstations with build greater than 14393.1914 installed by automatic approval?

Why I can't see 14393.1944 released on December 12 or 14393.2007 released on 3 January 2018?

Regards

Slawek

Monday, January 22, 2018 5:31 PM
  • does anyone know if there are any specific DLLs changed by KB4073290 for Windows 10 1709?  I am going to try and push the update with a manual setup in SCCM, but it would require a clause to check for something to determine if the update has been installed yet or not.
    Any input is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:53 PM
  • I also do not see KB4073290 or KB4057144 in SCCM or our WSUS server that's installed on SCCM. In SCCM our Synchronization Source is set to Microsoft Update..

I opened up a Premier Support case. Hopefully there'll be a resolution.

Jordan

Monday, January 22, 2018 7:46 PM
  • Throwing my name in here too, need this patch to deal with the Symantec false positive/tray icon issue and am not seeing it in SCCM WSUS after syncing today.
    Monday, January 22, 2018 7:47 PM
  • Just want to share.  On the 19th when I tried to import these new fixes from MS Catalog into WSUS, it said my <g class="gr_ gr_240 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="240" id="240">versino</g> of WSUS <g class="gr_ gr_241 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="241" id="241">wan't</g> <g class="gr_ gr_242 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="242" id="242">compatiable</g>.  I am running Windows Server 2016 WSUS.

Today (23/1/2018) when I try to import again, everything was fine.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:30 AM
  • Just want to share.  On the 19th when I tried to import these new fixes from MS Catalog into WSUS, it said my WSUS server wasn't compatiable.  I am running Windows Server 2016 WSUS.

Today (23/1/2018) when I try to import again, everything was fine.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:34 AM
  • I too cannot find KB4057142 in SCCM "All Software Updates".  However one of my CM managed Win10 computers is telling me that KB4057142 is available (direct from Microsoft I presume, though it should ONLY be updating thru' SCCM).

Does anyone know:

1. Why, and when KB4057142 will appear in SCCM

2. Is it missing in SCCM because it is of classification "Service Packs", "Tools" or "Upgrades", neither of these I have selected in my SUP properties.

3. Why my Win10 computer is trying to get this update from Microsoft instead of waiting for it to be deployed by SCCM.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 11:01 AM
  • I also do not see KB4073290 or KB4057144 in SCCM or our WSUS server that's installed on SCCM. In SCCM our Synchronization Source is set to Microsoft Update..

I opened up a Premier Support case. Hopefully there'll be a resolution.

Jordan

Resolution from Microsoft Premier Support:

1. Open WSUS on SCCM Server
    2. Import the required updates you're missing
    3. In the console, Synchronize Software Updates
    4. Once completed you should now see the updates in the console. 

Jordan

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

I found why Wsus said it is not compatible.

Check the language set in Internet explorer, after I've change to ENGLISH (US) and try to import it's finally working.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:42 PM
  • Sync'd WSUS as of time of writing and all updates from symantec article still not showing...

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH248552.html
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:39 PM
  • Sync'd WSUS as of time of writing and all updates from symantec article still not showing...

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH248552.html

Resolution from Microsoft Premier Support:

1. Open WSUS on SCCM Server
    2. Import the required updates you're missing
    3. In the console, Synchronize Software Updates
    4. Once completed you should now see the updates in the console. 

Jordan

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:08 PM
  • Doesn't help for me
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:18 PM
  • I've changed system location to US and ticked "Language for web content" and it fixed

• Edited by Zlodey_DART Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:59 AM errors
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:58 AM
  • I've changed system location to US and ticked "Language for web content" and it fixed

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:11 AM
  • KB4057142 does NOT appear in WSUS no matter what. I have sync daily, each is successful, but nothing

WSUS running on Server 2012 R2

I can import by hand but that is not the point!

Seb

• Edited by scerazy Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:20 AM
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:00 AM
  • WTF is going on with this Microsoft? - why are we fudging around trying to fix this, we've got other stuff to do.  The resolution from so called Premier Support are pathetic and I cannot follow them:

1. Open WSUS on SCCM Server        - what do you mean?  I don't have WSUS installed on my SCCM server??
    2. Import the required updates you're missing                  - how ???
    3. In the console, Synchronize Software Updates                    - I have done, this is the easy bit, it hasn't helped
    4. Once completed you should now see the updates in the console                     - couldn't do 1&2 so I still don't see them...

(Microsoft : please get the simple things right !)

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:38 AM
  • WTF is going on with this Microsoft? - why are we fudging around trying to fix this, we've got other stuff to do.  The resolution from so called Premier Support are pathetic and I cannot follow them:

1. Open WSUS on SCCM Server        - what do you mean?  I don't have WSUS installed on my SCCM server??
    2. Import the required updates you're missing                  - how ???
    3. In the console, Synchronize Software Updates                    - I have done, this is the easy bit, it hasn't helped
    4. Once completed you should now see the updates in the console                     - couldn't do 1&2 so I still don't see them...

(Microsoft : please get the simple things right !)

See:

https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/sccm-add-microsoft-update-catalog-wsus-server/

Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:51 AM
  • Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:47 PM
  • You cannot manually import KB4057142 into WSUS as it states the update isn't compatible with the version of WSUS. We are running version 10.0.14393.1914
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:49 PM
  • This did not help with my manual import. We are still down.

-Charles-

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:56 PM
  • this is somewhat inconvenient because that update contains an urgent RDS fix.
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:45 AM
  • Same issue for us we use WSUS standalone and we don't store the updates as we have a decent connection.
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:23 PM
  • i am having the same issue.

These updates are not showing up in WSUS.  

• Windows Server 2016 – KB4057142
    • Windows 10 1709 (64-bit) – KB4073290
    • Windows 10 1709 (32-bit) – KB4073291
    • Windows 10 1703 – KB4057144  
    • Windows 10 1607 – KB4057142

Mark Myerscough, Ph.D. Director, Information Technology Wilber and Associates, P.C.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Hello,

i have the same issue.

I have install the english (en-us) language pack on a german sccm/wsus server and try it again. the error remains the same - WSUS as it states the update isn't compatible with the version of WSUS. the server is an 2016 server. wsus version is 10.0.14393.1914

is there a solution?

Thank you very much

Udo

Udo Heuschmann

Monday, January 29, 2018 8:42 PM
  • Hi everyone,

turns out that importing updates on Server 2016 (WSUS 10.0.14393.1914) doesn't work in general. The only updates I can import are for Windows 7 an older OS.

Does work on 2008R2 / 2012R2 WSUS

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Edited by RabanserD Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:07 AM older server work
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Any news about that?

I need distribute this update for my users.

I tried all things said here and nothing worked for me.

Thanks,

Gustavo

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Same scenario in my environment. I was notified by a user that a software used in their department for radiology images no longer works after installing January 2018 patches. They contacted the vendor who indicated installing KB4057142 would fix the software issue. 

I checked in the ConfigMgr console and could not find the KB4057142 patch. Ran a sync process a few times and still no luck. Is this only available for manual install? 

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:07 PM
  • Hi all,

I will try and do this as well in my test environment tomorrow and post back with my findings.

Normally the packages released on the 3rd/4th Tuesday are not security updates (as seen in the Catalog) and are not available by default in WSUS. I will ping the product manager responsible for this for another round of explanations, but from what I understood, they are like the preview updates from Windows 7/8.1 and will be rolled-up in the next months security updates.

Best regards,

Andrei

We could change the world, if God would give us the source code.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 10:15 PM
  • The update will import on my 2012 R2 WSUS server running on the same box as SCCM.  It will not import on my 2016 server, even after language changes.  

I tried manually installing KB4057142 on the 2016 WSUS server itself, but still no success.  

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:26 AM
  • @ Andrei Stoica (MSFT)

In this thread there are several reports that importing updates from "Windows Update Catalog" doesn't work with WSUS 10.x.x.x on Server 2016. 

Is this expected behaviour?

Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:02 PM
  • Hi Rolf,

we just started a thread internally with the right people and are waiting for a reply. Will post back as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Andrei

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:49 PM
  • I have the same exact issue.

I agree that directly manipulating WSUS is a HORRIBLE suggestion...

Waiting anxiously for a response from MS...

Friday, February 2, 2018 9:53 PM
  • Importing updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog is a normal action and should not be seen as a "horrible" suggestion :).

A method to unblock your deployment is to change in the URL the protocol Version from 1.20 to 1.8 and then proceed to import the updates.

It might be a while until we get an answer here, so you can use this workaround to continue your deployment.

Thanks,

Andrei

• Proposed as answer by kaltov Monday, February 12, 2018 6:26 PM
    Sunday, February 4, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hello

I did today test with importing KB4057142 to WSUS.

I have my old WSUS 3.2.7600.226 on Windows 2008R2 on this server I imported KB4057142 without any problem. Unfortunetelly on my new one on Windows 6.3.9600.18694 Windows 2012R2 I got error.

Both servers are english verion with polish locale settings.

@Andrei - How to change protocol version? Could You be more specific

Regards

Slawek

Sunday, February 4, 2018 5:44 PM
  • On the server where you have WSUS installed open the WSUS administrative console and then click on the "Import Updates..." link which is located on the right side. This shall open up your browser where you would see a link similar to the following one:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx?SKU=WSUS&Version=10.0.14393.1914&ServerName={YOURSERVERNAME.YOURDOMAIN}&PortNumber=8531&Ssl=True&Protocol=1.20

You should see your own WSUS server name and corresponding domain name in the above URL example in  place of the {YOURSERVERNAME.YOURDOMAIN} part which I omitted here for the obvious reasons.

Once you get to the MS catalog page from that link, make sure to replace the end section of the URL from 1.20 to 1.80 as suggested by Andrei. If you don't change the protocol at the very beginning, then you won't see the "protocol=1.20" part later on, so don't search for KB numbers immediately once the page is loaded but make the modifications as explained. When the MS catalog page is reloaded with the new settings, then you can go for the KB search and import steps just as you would normally do so.

Also please note that you have to do this via Internet Explorer due to the ActiveX dependencies on the Updates Import part. This won't work under Firefox or other browsers so make sure you have the correct URL loaded in IE.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:17 PM
  • Hi

Thx for very detailed description. Unfortunetelly when I downgraded from 1.8 to 1.2, seach for KB4057142 and put it into basket after  I try to upload directly to WSUS I got error "incompatibility...". Of course I used IE.

Any hints?

Regards

SLawek

Sunday, February 4, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Not sure why you went for "downgrading" from 1.8 to 1.2 but I suppose the URL you are getting from your WSUS server might be different ??? Perhaps if you post her the URL you are getting then we could see a potential mistake you may have done.

The above mentioned workaround is for WSUS servers running on Windows Server 2016 which cannot import updates from the catalog due to error messages that those are incompatible with the actual WSUS deployment. Changing the URL to have protocol=1.8 instead of protocol=1.20 fixes the issue for WSUS 2016 but frankly I'm not sure for WSUS 2012 R2. Maybe there is a different issue there.

I can certainly confirm that the workaround works for WSUS 2016 instances and respectively for SCCM deployments.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 8:49 PM
  • @Slawek you should have no problem on Windows Server 2012 R2/WSUS 4.0 with importing updates. This solution is not for you, I suggest to open a new thread with your problem.

This is only a solution for Windows Server 2016.

@asg2ki Thank you for providing that detailed guidance, I have no WSUS server at home..

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hello

@Andrei

Belive me or not .... Before I started creating new topic I try to import KB4057142 one more time. This time it's imported properly.... I  cant explain it - but I'm happy with that.

Regards

Slawek

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:52 AM
  • @Slawek temporary network issues or similar can affect the process. Glad to hear that it worked for you as well :)

Best regards,

Andrei

Monday, February 5, 2018 2:22 PM
  • Importing updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog is a normal action and should not be seen as a "horrible" suggestion :).

A method to unblock your deployment is to change in the URL the protocol Version from 1.20 to 1.8 and then proceed to import the updates.

It might be a while until we get an answer here, so you can use this workaround to continue your deployment.

Thanks,

Andrei

Well, that goes contrary to every other opinion I have ever seen or heard, from local consultants to Kent Agerlund--all of whom have specifically warned against manipulating WSUS directly when in use with SCCM.  Perhaps something has changed, and regardless, I am desperate enough that I will try the workaround and hope that it doesn't mess something up.
    Monday, February 5, 2018 3:23 PM
  • And this is still a golden rule to follow since most of the WSUS operations are controlled straight via SCCM including modification of certain configuration parameters. You can treat the the "Import Updates" feature as an exception to the golden rule. What SCCM can't do is to look for specific updates on its own since it is actually dependent on what WSUS would see or otherwise said when it comes to updates, WSUS is the one feeding SCCM thus the reason why importing updates directly from the MS catalog is not considered exactly a WSUS "manipulation" or at least not in the negative way.

While I don't remember seeing official MS statement to this, manipulation would be considered something like modifying SQL DB records directly via SQL management tool or perhaps certain WSUS cleaning activities made by non MS approved PowerShell scripts. So technically importing updates from MS catalog and therefore feeding them back to SCCM is not considered invasive action but in fact is sometimes even mandatory like in the current situation.

Keep in mind that although normally WSUS would see all relevant and most up to date packages found in the MS catalog, this time we could consider the situation a bit special. There were 3 different cumulative updates released in January, which is something that normally should happen once a month instead of multiple times. My best guess here is that due to the many bugs found after the initial patch release for the Meltdown / Spectre issues, MS just doesn't want to flag those updates for WSUS availability until it is confirmed that those will keep the patched machines stable without having to fear from BSOD's or something else. Although this is just my best guess why MS wouldn't release just yet those patches for WSUS deployment, you may want to keep in mind that many WSUS and SCCM deployments are set with full automation which means that they will push out updates as soon as they become available. So all in all the fact that those updates are not yet available for WSUS is not necessarily a bad thing, but you can consider it like a precautionary step in order to not affect accidentally even more computers.

BTW I in the past I had several occasions where I had to use the direct Update Import feature, so I can confirm that this absolutely isn't a "horrible" thing to do. Of course you should always keep a strict control over this activity and never import randomly just anything you see in MS catalog, but what really is a point of interest for your particular environment. In my case this was KB4058258 for the W10 1709 machines. I'm pretty sure that eventually this or maybe another replacement KB will be flagged for public WSUS download but for the time being I'm happy with the possibility of being able to massively deploy KB4058258 to all my workstations without having to go through the manual steps.
    Monday, February 5, 2018 4:01 PM
  • The "Do not touch WSUS while it is being used as a SUP" rule has certainly evolved over the years, I have challenged my colleagues internally to find where this is documented and from what I can remember, they couldn't find anything. 

Now, not to dismiss it entirely, this applies only to changing the WSUS configuration when ConfigMgr manages it. For example, we shouldn't change any option directly in WSUS, if we can do it from ConfigMgr (and let it configure WSUS through the WSUS API), because if we do not follow this, ConfigMgr will come and overwrite any changes we do directly in WSUS. This applies to the typical options like what languages to download the updates in, what classifications/products to download, etc.

<Later edit>

Found what the documentation says:

Important

Do not use the WSUS Administration Console to configure WSUS settings. Configuration Manager connects to WSUS that is running on the software update point and configures the appropriate settings.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/plan-design/prerequisites-for-software-updates

</Later edit>

This certainly does not apply to importing updates or using the WSUS console to decline superseded updates, etc. Which we also encourage in the blog post below(not the import part):

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2016/01/26/the-complete-guide-to-microsoft-wsus-and-configuration-manager-sup-maintenance/

This is why over the years we have a lot of ConfigMgr environments, where no WSUS maintenance was performed, which certainly is not good at all.

All 3rd Tuesday packages are only available on the Microsoft Update Catalog by default and they will be included in the next month's security release for Patch Tuesday (pending any bugs are found, as always).

Hope this clears things up a bit,

Andrei

Monday, February 5, 2018 4:23 PM
  • Hi guys,

no news yet, I did a follow-up.

Best regards,

Andrei

Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:06 PM
  • I do have a "cleanup" script that I run on WSUS directly, so I guess I already knew there were "exceptions to the golden rule".  But for some reason, I thought manually injecting updates through WSUS was the exact kind of thing that SCCM *would* puke on.

So I just wanted to say thanks to asg2ki and Andrei.  Your explanations have helped me understand SCCM/WSUS a little better, and most importantly, the *reason* MS is doing it the way they are doing it, which does make a certain sense.

To be honest, I still think that by now, *all* of this (to include WSUS maintenance) should be manageable through SCCM, but that is a different gripe altogether.  :)

Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:08 PM
  • <offtopic>

@Gfoltz There was some work done on ConfigMgr side for this:

Note

When Configuration Manager sets a superseded software update to Expired, it does not set the update to Declined in WSUS. However, when the WSUS cleanup task runs, the updates set to Expired in Configuration Manager are set to a status of Declined on the WSUS server and the Windows Update Agent on computers will no longer scan for these updates. This means that clients continue to scan for an expired update until the cleanup task runs. For information about the WSUS cleanup task, see Software updates maintenance.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/plan-design/plan-for-software-updates#BKMK_SupersedenceRules

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/deploy-use/software-updates-maintenance

Here is a uservoice for it:

https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/19709440-when-expiring-updates-based-on-supersedence-rules

</offtopic>

We have confirmed that there is an issue with the import functionality on WSUS 10.0 and until it is fixed, we can use the following workaround (as also described by @asg2ki previously)

Protocol version for WSUS 4.0:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx?SKU=WSUS&Version=6.3.9600.18838&ServerName=WSUS-USS&PortNumber=8530&Ssl=False&Protocol=1.8

And in the URL on WSUS 10.0 we can replace 1.20 with 1.8 to be able to import the updates we need:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx?SKU=WSUS&Version=10.0.14393.1914&ServerName=WSUS3&PortNumber=8530&Ssl=False&Protocol=1.20

Will post here any updates we have.

Thank you,

Andrei

Friday, February 9, 2018 7:48 AM
  • That still leaves the question of "What did you break" for KB4057142 that we need to do this song and dance?

And: When will it be fixed?

=^x^=

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:17 AM
  • It is not a problem specific to one KB and currently we have no ETA for the fix.

Thanks,

Andrei

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:52 AM
  • Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Thanks Andrei for the workaround. Unfortunately, that is only letting me pass the error the first time when trying to search the KB and add it. However, the download process (progress) fails right after. 

So, the workaround is not working on my end: WSUS is running on Windows 2016 with version 10.0.14393.1378. 

Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:07 PM
  • Maybe time to update this Server 2016 itself!?
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:04 PM
  • On the server where you have WSUS installed open the WSUS administrative console and then click on the "Import Updates..." link which is located on the right side. This shall open up your browser where you would see a link similar to the following one:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx?SKU=WSUS&Version=10.0.14393.1914&ServerName={YOURSERVERNAME.YOURDOMAIN}&PortNumber=8531&Ssl=True&Protocol=1.20

You should see your own WSUS server name and corresponding domain name in the above URL example in  place of the {YOURSERVERNAME.YOURDOMAIN} part which I omitted here for the obvious reasons.

Once you get to the MS catalog page from that link, make sure to replace the end section of the URL from 1.20 to 1.80 as suggested by Andrei. If you don't change the protocol at the very beginning, then you won't see the "protocol=1.20" part later on, so don't search for KB numbers immediately once the page is loaded but make the modifications as explained. When the MS catalog page is reloaded with the new settings, then you can go for the KB search and import steps just as you would normally do so.

Also please note that you have to do this via Internet Explorer due to the ActiveX dependencies on the Updates Import part. This won't work under Firefox or other browsers so make sure you have the correct URL loaded in IE.

The updates fail to download.  Of course after I do a search I lose the Protocol Setting. 
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:06 PM
  • Dear Microsoft,

can you please push a fix for this bullshit.

It is very annoying to manage a new 2016 WSUS-Server which does not get Updates for 2016 server automatically.

You already had a half year to fix it.

Thank you in advance, a very disappointed system administrator...

• Edited by Co0n Friday, August 10, 2018 7:47 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 7:47 AM
  • Hi all,

This issue has been fixed (sorry for German, but as you can see no more warning is displayed):

Thanks,

Andrei

Friday, November 9, 2018 11:17 AM