none
gpo does not apply to security group RRS feed

• Question

• hello, im trying to force install a chrome extension for a group of users that are in an active directory security group. i have security filtering set to only the security group and my delegation is in the picture below. is there any glaring mistakes i have made to cause the extension to not auto-install? i have it configured as a computer configuration rather than a user configuration. thanks
    Friday, October 18, 2019 1:47 PM

Answers

• Yes, that's the problem. Be sure to link the GPO on a OU where users are. You can also link the GPO at the domain level if you want to be sure. Because you have made a Security Filtering for a specific AD Group, only members of this group will receive the GPO.

hth

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

• Marked as answer by mason555 Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:34 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:34 PM

All replies

• Where does the GPO is linked in your AD ? On what OU ?

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:53 PM
  • hmm maybe that is the issue, nothing shows under links, if i link to all workstations will it only apply to the contentserverusers still?
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Yes, that's the problem. Be sure to link the GPO on a OU where users are. You can also link the GPO at the domain level if you want to be sure. Because you have made a Security Filtering for a specific AD Group, only members of this group will receive the GPO.

hth

• Marked as answer by mason555 Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:34 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Cynthia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Cynthia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:01 AM