none
terminal service error 1079 when trying to start service

Question

• It says " the account that you have specified for theis service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same processes"

Now i have checked all the process i know that is connected to ts and they all seem set the same. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks alot
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does that account we are talking about here has the following rights:

"Logon as a service"
    "Act as part of the operating system".

? If not please add those rights to the account since it is required.

Citrix Technology Professional, PubForum Founder http://www.pubforum.net, Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:04 PM
  •  can you give me step by step instructions on how to do that please????
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:47 AM
  • Sure,

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> Computer Configuration -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assigment -> Act As part of Operating System

and also

"Logon As a service"

add your user to both masks and see if that will work for you.

Citrix Technology Professional, PubForum Founder http://www.pubforum.net, Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:54 AM
  • that didnt work at all.

One thing is what other services do i need to check to make sure its set up on the same thing as ts????

because the error says specfically

"" the account that you have specified for theis service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same processes"

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:56 AM
  • i still need help with this one.... anyone??????
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:02 AM
  • Open the Terminal Services Service - check dependencies Tab (which is Remote Procedure Call) and make sure this one is set to the same account, which by default is Local System Account. (btw. why you never said what OS we are talking about here?).
    If thats 2008 then there are three services which are dependant on each other Terminal Services, Terminal Services Configuration, Terminal Services User Mode Port Redirector

Citrix Technology Professional, PubForum.net Founder, LinkedIn, TS Training in Europe! Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:26 PM