none
Reporting on local users on windows server RRS feed

• Question

• This is quite a general question but I have had difficulty finding information. When cleaning up a system for old local accounts on windows servers that are not being used what are the things I should be wary of. So for an account to be deleted I have created a script to ensure the account has no scheduled tasks running under it and that the account was last logged on before a specific date. What other attributes does a local account have that I should be acknowledging befor I delete/disable the account. 
    • Edited by bigmanshaq Sunday, December 10, 2017 8:23 PM
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I also couldn’t find related articles about the query. However, based on my knowledge, I would suggest you disable the account first. when you are certain that disabling the account has not caused a problem, you can safely delete the account.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I also couldn’t find related articles about the query. However, based on my knowledge, I would suggest you disable the account first. when you are certain that disabling the account has not caused a problem, you can safely delete the account.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    William

Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
    William

Monday, December 18, 2017 1:42 AM