none
backing up two computers to one external hard drive.

Question

• I recently purchased a Seagate Free Agent GoFlex and have backed up two laptops (windows7 and windows vista). How can I see on the external drive where both laptops are backed up. Answers in the forum indicate that windows automatically backs up to a file unique to a particular computer name. However when backing up the second computer, I only can see a file under the name of the second computer. I no longer see where the backup went in the first computer.
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to my testing, if you back up win7, the backup files include two files, they are labeled with “MedaID.bin” and a file named “computer name”

If you back up vista, the backup files are the same as  win7, in other words, they should include two files and one MedaID.bin.

At present, I suspect that if you have the same computer name on win7 and vista.

By the way , when I try to restore my file , they are all successful.

Best regards,

Jeff Ren

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:09 AM