none
Windows Server 2019 and Windows Updates RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running Windows Server Core 2019 Datacenter edition test servers since it first got released couple of months ago. When the first release was pulled back I knew to expect bugs and issues. Doing windows updates using the Windows Admin Center appeared to have some issues. Some updates took a few tries before they downloaded and installed but the button to install and restart did not restart the server. Always had to initiate restart from the Overview page or server console. Since the Windows Server got re-released I did a couple of new installs but the same issue appears to still be there. Also sometimes the updates still appear after restart as not installed and takes 2-3 restarts to get them installed.

I then tested it with the Windows Server 2019 Datacenter with full GUI. And found similar issue that when you go to do the updates, it installs updates and shows the restart now button, however pressing that button does not restart the server, you still have to just choose start button and from there update and restart does the trick.

Has anyone else come across this and is there some specific tweak or setting that needs to be changed to get this working properly or might it be something on my domain/network causing this?

Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I've got several Windows Server 2019 machines running (Nodes and VM's), but the restart button after the updates are done never works. Always got to use the start menu. 
    Monday, February 4, 2019 11:41 AM