how to unlock a workstation throught command prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement like I need to unlock the workstation through command line and run some automation test cases and then lock the workstation. The pc I am using has some credentials and I have those too.

I am able to lock the pc by using %windir%\system32\Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation .

But how to unlock? Please help me

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:34 AM

Answers

• Hello Veeru,

As far as I know, there is no official unlock workstation commands, but you can try the following the 3rd party tools:

Use Logon utility to schedule Desktop unlocks on Windows NT/2000/XP systems
    http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/archive/51.htm

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Brent Hu,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Brent Hu Monday, July 26, 2010 1:26 AM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Veeru,

As far as I know, there is no official unlock workstation commands, but you can try the following the 3rd party tools:

Use Logon utility to schedule Desktop unlocks on Windows NT/2000/XP systems
    http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/archive/51.htm

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Brent Hu,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Brent Hu Monday, July 26, 2010 1:26 AM
    Friday, July 16, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Tks, for you help.

Your help with my purpose fulfilled

Friday, September 6, 2013 4:33 PM