none
Remote Desktop Gateway SSL on Windows Phone RRS feed

• Question

• On Windows Phone we use an app called ConnectMe to initiate RDP sessions to servers. Back when we had our self signed certificate, everything worked fine. But after switching to GoDaddy SSL, the file formate of the certificate changed from .cer to .crt. 

Windows Phone does not know what to do with .crt files. So I tried converting my crt to cer by using the instructions below:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/361/0/how-do-i-convert-crt-file-into-the-microsoft-cer-format

And still I cannot connect via RDP on my mobile phone. I still get an SSL error. 

Does anyone know how to get a third party SSL certificate properly installed on a Windows Phone to be used for Remote Desktop Gateway?

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Windows Server Forum.

Kindly go through beneath article might help to resolve your issue.
    STEP BY STEP ADDING SSL CERTIFICATE TO EXCHANGE SERVER AND WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICESV
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/nunoluz/2008/04/09/step-by-step-adding-ssl-certificate-to-exchange-server-and-windows-mobile-devices/

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

As this case has been quiet for a while. I need to close the case and will mark it as Answer. If this case is still unresolved,I suggest you ask in a new thread. 

Thanks for your Support & understanding!

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:42 AM