• Hi,

I have deployed RDS 2016 and installed the following roles

RDS License

RDS Connection Broker

RDS SessionHost

RD Web Access

but not RD Gateway Role

RDWeb is configured using trusted cert and runs on port 443

Now if i remove port 3389 firewall rule, i am able to login to RDWeb (externally) but not able to connect to any applications.

I thought RemoteApps would be server over https session.

Any suggestions how to get it working over https so that we can remove 3389 firewall rule.

Regards, Navdeep

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to connect over HTTPS you need to use RD Gateway.  RDG can be installed on the same server as RD Web Access.  Once you configure things properly, the external clients will connect to the RD Gateway via TCP 443 and UDP 3391 and the RD Gateway will connect to the broker and RD Session Host over TCP 3389 and UDP 3389 on behalf on the client.

-TP

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Do I need to open firewall port for udp 3391 ?

Regards, Navdeep

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:58 AM
  • Do I need to open firewall port for udp 3391 ?

Regards, Navdeep

Yes, if you want RDP over UDP (DTLS) to work via the gateway.  If you do not allow the port RDP will only use TCP.

-TP

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:23 PM
  • I have opened UDP 3391, RDGateway is configured for 3391 as well. When i get the logon prompt, it never accepts the username/password and authentication keep failing. When i open port 3389 and then everything starts working as expected.

All roles are configured on single server RD web and RD Gateway uses the same publically trusted cert remote.domain.com.

Now server is and internal domain is different server.ad.domain.com, Is the authentication failing because doesn't have the server name on it or is it something else?

Regards, Navdeep

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 12:29 PM