none
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (not related to Kernell)

Question

• Description:

When I try to access some specific folders on windows SERVER 2003, I got the error message "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." .

details:

1- My OS is a windows 7 enterprise.

2- All other users can access the folder with no problems.

3- Paged memory was extended, but no success.

4- My ID is member of a lot of groups.(Token size: 554)

5- After remove some groups, some folders could be accessed except 1,I tried to remove all the groups that give access to this folder expecting receive the ACCESS DENIED error, but the same error message "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

6- All the possible solutions related to error "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" on microsoft knowledge database was used. No success.

Friday, March 09, 2012 8:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to perform the following steps:

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.In the New Value #1 box, type PoolUsageMaximum, and then press ENTER.

5.Right-click PoolUsageMaximum, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 60, click Decimal, and then click OK.

7.If the PagedPoolSize registry entry exists, go to step 8. If the PagedPoolSize registry entry does not exist, create it.

To do this, follow these steps:

•On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    •In the New Value #1 box, type PagedPoolSize, and then press ENTER.

8.Right-click PagedPoolSize, and then click Modify.

9.In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

10.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
    Elytis Cheng

Elytis Cheng

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by guto114 Monday, March 12, 2012 3:00 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Thank you Elytis!

I've followed this steps but still not working.

There some differences on the error description, according to microsoft KB's all ID's got the same message when the problem is the server and when only 1 ID have the problem they can't access any folder.

In my case I can access anything, except that folder while all other users don't have any problem accessing it.

Gustavo A. Oliveira

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi Voldar!

I've removed a lot of groups(At least 26), and could access the folder. I don't know what can cause that once the

token size was (Token size: 554) and the maximun .(Token size: 1600)....I noticed that some groups deleted had a huge "tree" of groups inside it, I believe this could cause the bug.

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!!

regards,

Gustavo Oliveira,

guto114@hotmail.com

Gustavo A. Oliveira

• Marked as answer by guto114 Monday, November 26, 2012 12:25 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 3:00 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to do on the Windows 2003 server when the message pops up ? Copy something ?

" Never panic before reboot ! "

• Edited by Voldar Friday, March 09, 2012 8:18 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 8:16 PM
  •  Just open the folder! It's weird because if is related to the Server I believe other users should have the same problem.

But, anyone can access except 1 ID! Thanks for your answer! ;D

Gustavo A. Oliveira

Friday, March 09, 2012 8:39 PM
  • Have you tried the www.eventid.net ? Put the ID of your event and see what others say about it. Usually there are solutions backed up by Microsoft with KB.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to perform the following steps:

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.In the New Value #1 box, type PoolUsageMaximum, and then press ENTER.

5.Right-click PoolUsageMaximum, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 60, click Decimal, and then click OK.

7.If the PagedPoolSize registry entry exists, go to step 8. If the PagedPoolSize registry entry does not exist, create it.

To do this, follow these steps:

•On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    •In the New Value #1 box, type PagedPoolSize, and then press ENTER.

8.Right-click PagedPoolSize, and then click Modify.

9.In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

10.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
    Elytis Cheng

Elytis Cheng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Thank you Elytis!

I've followed this steps but still not working.

There some differences on the error description, according to microsoft KB's all ID's got the same message when the problem is the server and when only 1 ID have the problem they can't access any folder.

In my case I can access anything, except that folder while all other users don't have any problem accessing it.

Gustavo A. Oliveira

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi Voldar!!

Thank you for your effort , but I 've tried all the Microsoft KB's I could find with that error description:

*6- All the possible solutions related to error "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" on microsoft knowledge database was used. No success.

Regards,

Gustavo.

Gustavo A. Oliveira

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Hi Gustavo,

I have a question for you: does the server you want to connect uses an alias or not ? Is this happening only to you or to multiple users ? Have your tried to delete your profile from the server (registry included) ? I don't know what more should you do, because it seems you checked everything in the Microsoft knowledge base without any succes.

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Hi Voldar!

I've removed a lot of groups(At least 26), and could access the folder. I don't know what can cause that once the

token size was (Token size: 554) and the maximun .(Token size: 1600)....I noticed that some groups deleted had a huge "tree" of groups inside it, I believe this could cause the bug.

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!!

regards,

Gustavo Oliveira,

guto114@hotmail.com

Gustavo A. Oliveira

• Marked as answer by guto114 Monday, November 26, 2012 12:25 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 3:00 PM
  •  
    > I've removed a lot of groups(At least 26), and could access the
    > folder. I don't know what can cause that once the

Hi, Gustavo. Token bloating starts at about 80 groups if size is "default".

sincerely, Martin

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich über eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
    Monday, March 12, 2012 8:16 PM
  • Thx dude, Love you <3 NO HOMO!
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Hi, if it is windows 2003 then  I would suggest you to run performance monitor and set counter meomory\free system page table entries. and then change the perfmin viw from line graph to report. Now see what is the count of PTE if it is less the 10000 then you need to  available PTE check boot.ini if /3GB switch is there if yes then try to remove it. If it really required then add USERVA=xxxx switch (xxxx=3030-2800) for detail to how to use 3GB and USERVA switch please read KB ariticle http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=316739 . If PTE count is less then 10000 then its case of PTE depletion and in the case of PTE depelation it is common to see insufficient resources, event ids 333, 2019 and 2020 and error popup "Application popup: anyapp.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xXXXXXXXX). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Abhinav Sharma

• Edited by Abhinav.Sharma Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:32 PM Name enetered
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:31 PM