none
Error 0x80072EFE The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

Question

• I have a Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter Core  server. I use slmgr.vbs -ipk <key>   and then using slmgr -ato to  activate the server. I am getting the Error: 0x80072EFE. Running the command slui 0x2a 0x80072EFE comes back Description: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally. I turned off all firewalls for troubleshooting, still unable to activate.

Anyone had this issues or know other troubleshooting steps I can take?
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:39 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. The gateway to internet was a TMG. The server has 2 networks cards and has irrestrict access to internet.  In order to test it, i connect the server directly to internet and the activation was succesfully, but i dont know why didnt work with TMG.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:07 PM

All replies

• Problem solved. The gateway to internet was a TMG. The server has 2 networks cards and has irrestrict access to internet.  In order to test it, i connect the server directly to internet and the activation was succesfully, but i dont know why didnt work with TMG.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

0x80072EFD -ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT.

If you can activate the server by connecting the server to the internet directly, then I suspect that there are some limitation in your TMG server. It is recommend that you perform the further research in TMG forum so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding..

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:11 AM