wlan svc (network configuration profile corrupted) RRS feed

• Question

• sir,

i have been facing a lot of problems in starting my wlan svc in my hp laptop which has windows 8.1.

I have tried all sorts of solution like registry value change and using cmd admin but all i am getting back when i start wlan svc from services.msc is- " windows couldnot start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer. Error 1206-The network connection profile is corrupted"

And when i try to delete a profile by using cmd , i type netsh wlan show profiles then i get the same message as" the wireless autoconfig service is not running"

please help me out.

Thanx.

email- iiitbbsr.sudeepta@gmail.com

Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi sudeeptaranjan,

We can try the following steps to have a check.
    1.Reinstall the wireless network adaptor driver from the device manager.It is recommended to download the latest driver for this device.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adaptor

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, May 29, 2015 10:35 PM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi sudeeptaranjan,

We can try the following steps to have a check.
    1.Reinstall the wireless network adaptor driver from the device manager.It is recommended to download the latest driver for this device.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adaptor

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, May 29, 2015 10:35 PM
    Friday, May 22, 2015 8:16 AM
  • You can try to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WlanSvc\Parameters\HostedNetworkSettings key.

It helped me.

Saturday, February 8, 2020 3:56 PM