none
DHCP Reservation X DNS Automatic Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!!!

I have a Windows Server 2012 playing the role as DHCP Server and DNS.

My DHCP is working very well giving dynamical IP addresses to all my hosts and registering the entries on DNS. The issue is with IP addresses that I have reservation...

My DHCP server is giving correct IP address to my host but is not registering this entry (any entry in reservation) on DNS table. I thought that IP addresses registered on "Reservation" must be manually registered as static on DNS server, but, there are some DNS configurations on the Reservation entry on DHCP that should automatically register this entry on DNS too.

What can I do to make my DHCP server register "reserved" IP addresses on DNS?

ps.: sorry about my bad english
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:46 PM

Answers

• NVM!

I identified my problem.

Windows Server DHCP does automatic updates to reserved IP Address. My problem was that my host wasn't giving to DHCP server its name, so, DHCP Server doesn't knows the name to register on DNS. Fixing that, all worked great!
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:11 PM

All replies

• NVM!

I identified my problem.

Windows Server DHCP does automatic updates to reserved IP Address. My problem was that my host wasn't giving to DHCP server its name, so, DHCP Server doesn't knows the name to register on DNS. Fixing that, all worked great!
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:11 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see the issue has been fixed.

If you have any question please feel free to let us know.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:50 AM