none
Can't see other Windows 10 Enterprise Client - Running Windows Server 2016 with AD RRS feed

• Question

• We just migrated over to windows server 2016 from Windows server 2012 R2 and now we can't see any of the other computers added to AD. This is a freshly minted isolated test environment. We have not made any changes in GPO that would effect the ability to see other machines on the AD - this creating lots of problems. I have been looking at this problem for a week now but have not made any progress.
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    >> now we can't see any of the other computers added to AD.
    Could you please explain more details to us about this problem? Are you talking about that the computers accounts disappear from ADUC on windows server 2016 DC?
    If that is the case, please have a try re-joining the disappeared client into domain and see if the problematic account disappears again or not.
    And you could start from the following aspects to troubleshoot:
    1. Check whether some other administrators delete it or whether some domain users move the computer from the domain to workgroups.
    2. check replication health between DCs with repadmin command
    3. Enable Audit account management policy to check who is deleting the account if the same problem happens again.
    Tracing down user and computer account deletion in Active Directory
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/abizerh/2010/05/27/tracing-down-user-and-computer-account-deletion-in-active-directory/
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 7, 2017 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Hello Wendy and thanks for the quick reply. This is a strange one and I guess it comes down to there is some different from server 2012 R2 and Server 2016 in the area of GPO.  Firstly I tried all of the things you mention above; they weren't all applicable but it could not hurt to do so. I have 3 machines that are newly installed and I am using the same GPO and Firewall settings from our Win Server 2012 R2 configurations. I have a primary and backup PDC running AD and DNS; our Win 10 Ent Client are using static IPs. This is a dev environment where we develop and test cluster, Azure and Azure Stack. Clients added to the PDC can't see each other in the from File Explore via Network; nor can I see any of the attached machines from the servers. I can see other devices in the network but not the physically attached computers. We also run a bunch of Windows Services via WCF/TCP and we can connect to them either. So given that we have a working setup and configuration running on Win Server 2012 R2 and can't replicate in Server 2016 is a head scratcher. I'm sure there is somethin missing in the GPO and Firewall setup - I just can't think of what it might be. I've been at this now for a few weeks. I'm reading over GPO so maybe I'll find something there.

Tavi Truman

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:34 PM
  • Hi Wendy - the information provided was helpful but it did not solve my problem. I am considering getting expert help from MS on the line to help.

Tavi Truman

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:01 PM
  • Hi Tavi,
    Thank you for the update, and if the reply as above is helpful, you could mark it as answer. And if you have any feedback from MS, we would also appreciate you to share it, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.
    Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:10 AM