none
Remote Desktop Connection - Windows 10 - (Windows just disconnects upon logon) (Mac says connection reset by peer) RRS feed

• Question

• So, This is not quite the same scenario most folks post about: I have a windows 10 client on a VMware VShpere cluster. We have applications on it that need to stay on all the time, so when we are finished, we don't log out we "disconnect server" from RDP. The problem is after a few days, or maybe even a few hours, we can't log in via RDP.

I have to access the vm through VSphere , log in and then it seems to clear what ever is ailing RDP, and a user can once again use RDP to access the VM.

I thought I had this fixed at one time by local gp edit -> sessions never expire, but I guess not. Two guys primary access this system to do the same job. They are aware that they can not attempt log in at the same time, and they claim that's not the case.

Any input here is appreciated. How can I allow 2 non-simultainous logins with remote desktop connection where the client never logs out?

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:23 PM

Answers

• Update: So it looks like it was just a simple case of the vm needing a restart after installing updates. I've noticed this through a few MS OS's, and I'm not sure why that happens, but pending restart is very buggy with Windows software. Most Linux updates do not display the same problems, IMO.
    • Marked as answer by mmurphy58 Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:59 AM
    • Edited by mmurphy58 Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi

Thanks for your posting. Please help to confirm more details for the issue.

1. The issue is that none of you could log in the RDP server after several days disconnection. Please correct me if anything wrong.

Is there any error message you met when failed to log in RDP? Have you got a chance to check event logs on client and server side?

2.You have to locally log into the VM and then only 1 user could rdp to the VM at the same time.

This sounds as the expected behavior. With admin mode, it is allowed 2 simultainous session. Regardless connecting or disconnected, locally or RDP.

3.Two guys primary access this system to do the same job. They are aware that they can not attempt log in at the same time, and they claim that's not the case.

Are you referring to that let the two users to log into same session? Per my test, two users could log in to same session one by one if they use same account from different clients via RDP.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Please feel free to let us know if further assistance is required.

Thanks,

Jenny

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:39 AM
  • Update: So it looks like it was just a simple case of the vm needing a restart after installing updates. I've noticed this through a few MS OS's, and I'm not sure why that happens, but pending restart is very buggy with Windows software. Most Linux updates do not display the same problems, IMO.
    • Marked as answer by mmurphy58 Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:59 AM
    • Edited by mmurphy58 Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thanks for sharing the details.

Please always feel free to reach the forum if more assistance needed.

Thanks,

Jenny

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:25 AM